Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Heartbleed vulnerability.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Y'all may have seen news of a vulnerability sweeping the net called Heartbleed. When news broke in IT circles three days ago I began proactively investigating and testing TheOhioOutdoors.com for exposure to this vulnerability. TOO was never vulnerable to this exploit, as such your passwords do not require changing and your information was and is still secure.

Thanks.
Joe.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
x2. Never heard of it. Not a clue what it is. Glad you are looking out for us. Thanks.

It's likely you will over the next week or so. Usually these things stay in the tech circles and I check them out. This one seems to be gaining some public press so I thought I would let y'all know. Often these things get blown way out of proportion. You'll likely see things on Facebook or chain emails that are completely incorrect about the effects of this vulnerability. Just wanted y'all to know before grandma hits send that I've already looked in to it and have us covered.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Thanks Joe,
I have been paying a little attention to it merely because it has seemed to get more press than other recent IT vulnerabilities. Is there a good and/or easy way to check other websites out 1) to see if a password change is needed and 2) to see if they have updated to fix the problem so you don't have to change them again?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Thanks Joe,
I have been paying a little attention to it merely because it has seemed to get more press than other recent IT vulnerabilities. Is there a good and/or easy way to check other websites out 1) to see if a password change is needed and 2) to see if they have updated to fix the problem so you don't have to change them again?

Not really an easy way. But I'm sure if you search heartbeat and the site they've issued a release about it.