Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hope its HIM!!

joejoe8

I just wish I could see what his left side look like in these latest pics to see if he has a g4.

Got one better view.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I stand corrected..........100% in fact that they ARE the same deer! He's a STUD! Hope you get him this year! Good luck!

rsmith

He's a beaut that's for sure! Hope you give him a good dirt nap so you can get a real close up view with him!

joejoe8

Update on this buck!!
Most of the year I thought the 9p was the double throat patch buck. I finally got some day time pix of the 9, It was not DTP, but another solid buck. Last week I was talking to one of our other club members. He was showing me some pix of bucks he had got this past year. I had pix of all of them but he had one day time pic of a solid 8 that I hunted a few times. But only had pix at night, well it was DTP!View attachment 28282 Looks like he lost a lil this year, maybe going down. But to hunt a buck in my area thats going to be pushing 7yr old is crazy.

Hard to tell for sure. If not the same deer a near clone. The left side makes me wonder though. The G3 is much longer in the latest photo and the left brow seems to lean towards the main beam on the latest photo. The brow looks much closer to 90 degrees off the beam in the September photo. All of this could be camera angle though. Either way a nice buck. I hope he is the same one though.

joejoe8

The buck in the Sep. pic is a different buck. It took me all year to figure that out. This has got very confusing, but being able to see his throat patch has confirmed things. Two different bucks,