Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Michigan Turkey

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Looks like no Michigan Turkey hunting for me. They've made it unaffordable. I'm required to purchase a base license for $151 and then a $16 turkey tag. It was only a $69 for a non-resident turkey tag. That was acceptable. They will loose some hunters.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sucks for you if you were looking forward to it (and I think you were.) Sucks more for them as it will be losing revenue.

Unfortunately that seems to be the way it's going for most states, Michigan and Ohio included. Soon people will only be able to hunt their own states and those with the big $$ will have their pick. Guess that's how some want it though.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Don't blame ya. They got the same birds we got, Eastern. I'd save for a couple years and look at going somewhere that has Merriam's, Rio Grande's or Osceola Turkey', something I don't get to hunt here.

Droptine

Medina, OH
I lease land in Illinois and it is 126 for the tag plus another 56 for a hunting license. This is at least good for my deer season also, but very expensive. I have been on this lease for 7 years so it is a tradition now. I hate to spend the money, but when I am there i don't even think of the cost of tags. 400 for the non resident deer tags hurts though.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That's why I have never supported higher non-resident tags. It's just BS. People often think "our resource" is worth more, more, more... I don't agree. It shouldn't cost a fortune for a non-resident to hunt here, and it shouldn't cost me a fortune to hunt elsewhere. I'm not dropping 500 bucks to hunt a stupid deer ----anywhere! I've done it for elk, and that seems like a waste of money, and it is! Everyone is quick to point out how outfitters are cashing in, well I feel the exact same way about any DOW raising prices to stupid levels. It's hunting, it's natural, it's what normal people do....and it shouldn't cost an arm and a leg to do it even if you do not live in the state in which you want to hunt!