Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FOR SALE Marlin 1895 45-70 (Pre Remlin)

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
I have a like new Marlin 1895 with the JM stamped barrel for sale. I bought this gun new at the gunshow in Maumee in the early 90's and its been in the safe since then other than shooting on the fourth of july every couple years. No scratches anywhere on the gun and the blueing is perfect. This would make a Awesome deer gun for someone if the law changes here in ohio. I'm solid at $650 and would like to do a FTF sale. Not interested in any trades as i need the money for another gun i have lined up. DSC06479.jpgDSC06480.jpgDSC06481.jpgDSC06482.jpgDSC06483.jpg Thanks for looking!!!

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Nice rifle at a fair price.
I have a 2nd yr. production that someone added a Pachmyer recoil pad. Length the magazine tube one extra round and shorten the barrel to the magazine tube.
Just waiting for the new PCR law to come into effect.

Do you have an ffl that could ship it to a Washington state ffl I just sold my .243 model 7 to buy a 45/70 for bear elk and the possible ohio deer season change. I was just beginning to search for a jm stamp 1895.

Last edited:

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
My FFL guy went out of business a couple years ago but i'm not looking to ship it. I have heard to many horror stories about guns getting lost some how. Thanks for looking at it.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My FFL guy went out of business a couple years ago but i'm not looking to ship it. I have heard to many horror stories about guns getting lost some how. Thanks for looking at it.

I have shipped 50-75 firearms by UPS and only one problem. And that one may have been a scam. That being said pack the rifle safely and insure it I'm no overly concerned.
I also over the years have received that many. And one 2 problems and those were improper packing.

The shipper (seller) doesn't need a FFL or FFL Dealer on his end. But the buyer needs a FFL Dealer (get a copy of the FFL for your records) on his end to receive the rifle. The non-FFL seller can not ship by US Mail.
IMHO

Some uninformed FFL will not except a delivery from a non-FFL seller. They just don't know the law.

Last edited:

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Yeah i had UPS try to drop off my Nighthawk Talon to a house three doors down and on the wrong street(live on corner) lucky the lady knew me and points to me standing outside. The driver comes walking up the sidewalk and i say do you realize what you almost did. He just smiles and said sign here. Theres always that one time and i'm so unlucky i could fall into a barrel of tits and come up sucking my thumb so FTF is what i want to do for now. There was a guy in navarre looking and i thought that was far but now washington state.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Yeah i had UPS try to drop off my Nighthawk Talon to a house three doors down and on the wrong street(live on corner) lucky the lady knew me and points to me standing outside. The driver comes walking up the sidewalk and i say do you realize what you almost did. He just smiles and said sign here. Theres always that one time and i'm so unlucky i could fall into a barrel of tits and come up sucking my thumb so FTF is what i want to do for now. There was a guy in navarre looking and i thought that was far but now washington state.

I understand but that's what the insurance covers stupid employees.
Getting ready to selloff another 30-40 and will ship them all.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Seller remorse has set in big time and as i sit here with this Marlin in my lap i have decided not to sell it as of right now. Have had it for twenty years now so i might as well hold on to it. Thanks to the guys that asked about it.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Seller remorse has set in big time and as i sit here with this Marlin in my lap i have decided not to sell it as of right now. Have had it for twenty years now so i might as well hold on to it. Thanks to the guys that asked about it.

I can understand that. But as it looks now you should be able to use the 45-70 in Ohio this fall for deer hunting. That'll be neat.

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
Oh! OH! I'm a lever action rifle nut. I've got a .22, .22 mag., .17, .243, .223, .22-250, .44 mag., and a .45 LC. That would sure look good in my collection but I need another rifle like I need a hole in my head, and that's just what my wife would give if I bought another rifle. Sure you won't take a trade, she a great cook! :smiley_chinrub:

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

Navarre Ohio? That's where I live

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
I had it listed on armslist also and the first guy that was asking said thats were he was from. Told him i would drive half way but never heard from him after that. It sounded like a good idea to sell it then i got it out of the safe and racked the action a few times and fell in love with it again lol.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I setup at the Maumee gunshow for years up until 2002. And just think you walked by my tables and didn't even say hi. But then maybe you did. LOL

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Awesome!!!! Sure we rubbed elbows walking around. That use to be a killer show back in the day. My dad and i would take a wagon in to get our bullets out that we bought from Vance. Haven't seen him in years. What was your display selling. Might have bought off you. Found the reciept and it was 1995 and bought it from Chucks shooting supplies out of Broadview Heights Ohio. Talk about the good old days. 379.95 plus 23.75 tax for 403.70 OTD.

Last edited:

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Awesome!!!! Sure we rubbed elbows walking around. That use to be a killer show back in the day. My dad and i would take a wagon in to get our bullets out that we bought from Vance. Haven't seen him in years. What was your display selling. Might have bought off you. Found the reciept and it was 1995 and bought it from Chucks shooting supplies out of Broadview Heights Ohio. Talk about the good old days. 379.95 plus 23.75 tax for 403.70 OTD.

Reloading equipment and if you bought lead bullets I'm sure you bought from me. Thanks.
Vance is still around. He's retired now from teaching and still making bullets. Only shows I see him at anymore is Dayton and Cincy.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Wow small world i'm sure i bought off you. We would talk to vance more about walleye fishing on the lake more than anything. Still have a load of 44 mag and 357 bullets from him that i couldn't shoot in my lifetime.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Wow small world i'm sure i bought off you. We would talk to vance more about walleye fishing on the lake more than anything. Still have a load of 44 mag and 357 bullets from him that i couldn't shoot in my lifetime.

Shame you didn't buy a really good lead bullets I was selling at that time. They were the best made then and now.
Zero leading and I've taken 23 deer with them in a pistol and several with a 44 Mag. rifle doing crop control permits.