Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Marlin 1895 45-70 (Pre Remlin)

  1. #1

    Marlin 1895 45-70 (Pre Remlin)

    I have a like new Marlin 1895 with the JM stamped barrel for sale. I bought this gun new at the gunshow in Maumee in the early 90's and its been in the safe since then other than shooting on the fourth of july every couple years. No scratches anywhere on the gun and the blueing is perfect. This would make a Awesome deer gun for someone if the law changes here in ohio. I'm solid at $650 and would like to do a FTF sale. Not interested in any trades as i need the money for another gun i have lined up. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06479.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	20122Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06480.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	141.1 KB 
ID:	20123Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06481.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	137.1 KB 
ID:	20124Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06482.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	147.3 KB 
ID:	20125Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06483.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	153.6 KB 
ID:	20126 Thanks for looking!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Archertl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington (Native Ohioan)
    Posts
    4,961
    Oh boy what is the barrel length on this sweetheart. Im guessing it is a 24inch.
    Keep your knife sharp and your broadheads sharper!

  3. #3
    This one has the 22 inch barrel. Yeah its a sweetheart for sure. Thanks for looking!!!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    3,179
    Nice rifle at a fair price.
    I have a 2nd yr. production that someone added a Pachmyer recoil pad. Length the magazine tube one extra round and shorten the barrel to the magazine tube.
    Just waiting for the new PCR law to come into effect.
    Oh I see said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Archertl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington (Native Ohioan)
    Posts
    4,961
    Do you have an ffl that could ship it to a Washington state ffl I just sold my .243 model 7 to buy a 45/70 for bear elk and the possible ohio deer season change. I was just beginning to search for a jm stamp 1895.
    Last edited by Archertl; 03-09-2014 at 05:14 AM.
    Keep your knife sharp and your broadheads sharper!

  6. #6
    My FFL guy went out of business a couple years ago but i'm not looking to ship it. I have heard to many horror stories about guns getting lost some how. Thanks for looking at it.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    3,179
    Quote Originally Posted by GoetsTalon View Post
    My FFL guy went out of business a couple years ago but i'm not looking to ship it. I have heard to many horror stories about guns getting lost some how. Thanks for looking at it.
    I have shipped 50-75 firearms by UPS and only one problem. And that one may have been a scam. That being said pack the rifle safely and insure it I'm no overly concerned.
    I also over the years have received that many. And one 2 problems and those were improper packing.

    The shipper (seller) doesn't need a FFL or FFL Dealer on his end. But the buyer needs a FFL Dealer (get a copy of the FFL for your records) on his end to receive the rifle. The non-FFL seller can not ship by US Mail.
    IMHO

    Some uninformed FFL will not except a delivery from a non-FFL seller. They just don't know the law.
    Last edited by MK111; 03-09-2014 at 10:09 AM.
    Oh I see said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.

  8. #8
    Yeah i had UPS try to drop off my Nighthawk Talon to a house three doors down and on the wrong street(live on corner) lucky the lady knew me and points to me standing outside. The driver comes walking up the sidewalk and i say do you realize what you almost did. He just smiles and said sign here. Theres always that one time and i'm so unlucky i could fall into a barrel of tits and come up sucking my thumb so FTF is what i want to do for now. There was a guy in navarre looking and i thought that was far but now washington state.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    3,179
    Quote Originally Posted by GoetsTalon View Post
    Yeah i had UPS try to drop off my Nighthawk Talon to a house three doors down and on the wrong street(live on corner) lucky the lady knew me and points to me standing outside. The driver comes walking up the sidewalk and i say do you realize what you almost did. He just smiles and said sign here. Theres always that one time and i'm so unlucky i could fall into a barrel of tits and come up sucking my thumb so FTF is what i want to do for now. There was a guy in navarre looking and i thought that was far but now washington state.
    I understand but that's what the insurance covers stupid employees.
    Getting ready to selloff another 30-40 and will ship them all.
    Oh I see said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.

  10. #10
    Seller remorse has set in big time and as i sit here with this Marlin in my lap i have decided not to sell it as of right now. Have had it for twenty years now so i might as well hold on to it. Thanks to the guys that asked about it.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    3,179
    Quote Originally Posted by GoetsTalon View Post
    Seller remorse has set in big time and as i sit here with this Marlin in my lap i have decided not to sell it as of right now. Have had it for twenty years now so i might as well hold on to it. Thanks to the guys that asked about it.
    I can understand that. But as it looks now you should be able to use the 45-70 in Ohio this fall for deer hunting. That'll be neat.
    Oh I see said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.

  12. #12
    Oh! OH! I'm a lever action rifle nut. I've got a .22, .22 mag., .17, .243, .223, .22-250, .44 mag., and a .45 LC. That would sure look good in my collection but I need another rifle like I need a hole in my head, and that's just what my wife would give if I bought another rifle. Sure you won't take a trade, she a great cook!
    I ain't going if Geeeeezer ain't going!

    But, there is always a but you know!

    Where has all that time gone???????????

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by MK111 View Post
    I can understand that. But as it looks now you should be able to use the 45-70 in Ohio this fall for deer hunting. That'll be neat.
    Yeah i here ya!!!!! Deer season would roll around and would really be kicking myself.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Bigslam51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Stark County
    Posts
    3,972

    Re: Marlin 1895 45-70 (Pre Remlin)

    Quote Originally Posted by GoetsTalon View Post
    Yeah i had UPS try to drop off my Nighthawk Talon to a house three doors down and on the wrong street(live on corner) lucky the lady knew me and points to me standing outside. The driver comes walking up the sidewalk and i say do you realize what you almost did. He just smiles and said sign here. Theres always that one time and i'm so unlucky i could fall into a barrel of tits and come up sucking my thumb so FTF is what i want to do for now. There was a guy in navarre looking and i thought that was far but now washington state.
    Navarre Ohio? That's where I live

  15. #15
    I had it listed on armslist also and the first guy that was asking said thats were he was from. Told him i would drive half way but never heard from him after that. It sounded like a good idea to sell it then i got it out of the safe and racked the action a few times and fell in love with it again lol.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    3,179
    I setup at the Maumee gunshow for years up until 2002. And just think you walked by my tables and didn't even say hi. But then maybe you did. LOL
    Oh I see said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.

  17. #17
    Awesome!!!! Sure we rubbed elbows walking around. That use to be a killer show back in the day. My dad and i would take a wagon in to get our bullets out that we bought from Vance. Haven't seen him in years. What was your display selling. Might have bought off you. Found the reciept and it was 1995 and bought it from Chucks shooting supplies out of Broadview Heights Ohio. Talk about the good old days. 379.95 plus 23.75 tax for 403.70 OTD.
    Last edited by GoetsTalon; 03-12-2014 at 11:42 AM.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    3,179
    Quote Originally Posted by GoetsTalon View Post
    Awesome!!!! Sure we rubbed elbows walking around. That use to be a killer show back in the day. My dad and i would take a wagon in to get our bullets out that we bought from Vance. Haven't seen him in years. What was your display selling. Might have bought off you. Found the reciept and it was 1995 and bought it from Chucks shooting supplies out of Broadview Heights Ohio. Talk about the good old days. 379.95 plus 23.75 tax for 403.70 OTD.
    Reloading equipment and if you bought lead bullets I'm sure you bought from me. Thanks.
    Vance is still around. He's retired now from teaching and still making bullets. Only shows I see him at anymore is Dayton and Cincy.
    Oh I see said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.

  19. #19
    Wow small world i'm sure i bought off you. We would talk to vance more about walleye fishing on the lake more than anything. Still have a load of 44 mag and 357 bullets from him that i couldn't shoot in my lifetime.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    3,179
    Quote Originally Posted by GoetsTalon View Post
    Wow small world i'm sure i bought off you. We would talk to vance more about walleye fishing on the lake more than anything. Still have a load of 44 mag and 357 bullets from him that i couldn't shoot in my lifetime.
    Shame you didn't buy a really good lead bullets I was selling at that time. They were the best made then and now.
    Zero leading and I've taken 23 deer with them in a pistol and several with a 44 Mag. rifle doing crop control permits.
    Oh I see said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •