Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

O.K. ....Here we go.

The string stretches whwn you shoot it, and I would think you would about have all the stretch out of the string. I always unbrace my bows when I'm done shooting, but many people do not. I really don't think it does any harm to a glass bow to leave it braced.

I will not be at the shoot on sunday. I will be there all day saturday and stay for the banquet saturday night.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
It won't hurt a thing to leave the bow strung. Do NOT stand it in a corner though. That is a perfect way to warp a limb. If you aren't going to shoot it for an extended period of you may want to unstring it. Mine are strung most all the time when I'm capable of shooting. I've noticed no ill effects.

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
Get some "cat whiskers" and tie em on your bow string. That will stop some noise. Jamie will be there for sure and you can find no better teacher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be there but I "know nothing".

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county

Best group so far. Not sure what happened with the one to the left. Lol. 15 yards.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Looks like you are getting the hang of it Dave. Those "flyers" are something I've never been able to completely get rid of, and are the reason I don't hunt with trad gear very often. One way to eliminate some of them is to shoot 3 or 4 arrow groups. Usually, if I shoot more than that, I lose concentration or something and start slinging arrows around the target.

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
Dave you might want to mark the flyer and see if it continually is flyer. Could be the arrow. Just sayin.

Diablo54

Outside
Dave you might want to mark the flyer and see if it continually is flyer. Could be the arrow. Just sayin.

Yep!
Great shooting Dave! What you really need to concentrate on is that first shot. That is the bow hunting shot. If you can make that shot count that is what matters. Keep on shooting looks great!

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
[video]https://fbexternal-a.akamaihd.net/safe_image.php?d=AQA_Z9joJCM16ktp&url=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-vthumb-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhvthumb-ak-frc3%2Ft15.0-10%2Fs526x395%2F10292507_10152426398587980_1015242 6395132980_32896_267_b.jpg&jq=100[/video]

Found a few beers in a cooler left over from strouds. Chels and i had a little fun.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I have enjoyed following this thread.
Great progress dante!
Wishing you a great season!