Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How's the Brush Creek area in Jefferson County?

Treed

Stark County
I'm going to do some work for a guy in exchange for permission to hunt 61 acres in Jefferson Co. He told me his property buts up to the Brush Creek Wildlife area as well. I'm thinking 61 private acres butting up to public land may be a good place to be when the deer start feeling pressured. How's the hunting out that way? Do any of you guys hunt the Brush Creek public lands? I've never been out there so I'm pretty curious....and excited.
Thanks.
Josh

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Hunted it years ago lots of deer sign but not a lot of sightings but that was 15-20 years ago.... Take your hiking boots lots of hills and hollers with a lot of thickets where we were at..... Gun season it gets heavy pressure..... Not much help but it's a start lol....

I used to hunt brush creek in Scioto county a lot in a similar private land situation and took two nice bucks out of there from 2008-2010. There are a lot of bigger deer in there as well. The locals drive all of brush creek state forest pretty hard during gun season.

Last edited:

Treed

Stark County
If that property has a history of not allowing hunters, then I'd be excited too when the pressure is on. Those deer will know where to go & you'll be there to greet 'em.

That's the plan. I was just looking it over on Google Earth, it is hilly out there but the property looks really good.
Thanks guys.