Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mason's buck vid

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hello everyone ....this is Mason's Mom....aka Mrs. Ratcliff. :) Brock allowed Mason to read the comments on his video. Thanks for all the kind words. Like his Dad, he likes to read how great he is. I just wanted to add a couple of things. The first being that No, his buck was NOT as big as mine and Second No, he did not "out shoot" the great Mike Rex. Sorry Mr. Rex .....even though it was said in jest I yelled at him for his comment. Being humble is something Mason is still working on. :) Mason's love for hunting is something that he inherited from his father for sure! Thank you Brock for always putting Mason first and teaching him things he will carry with him for the rest of his life. The memories you two make will never be forgotten. He will never remember how much money we made, the kind of car we drove, but he will never forget those moments camping out in the cold, eating snack cakes, hanging out in the tree stand and all the "fish tales" you two think up on the way home from the lake! Ok...with that being said I love you two and I promise I will never comment on your "he man" forum again <3 Krista

Reactions: giles

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Finally got to watch this. Mason is one of my favorite kids to be around. And I'd be hard pressed to find a better smack talker! lmao

Thanks for sharing Brock!

Kaiser878

ohio
I bet I have watched this 10 times. He was serious as a heart attack when he gave his mike Rex comment. I think a T-shirt should be made

Kaiser878

ohio
uploadfromtaptalk1393544325386.jpg

Sorry mike.....I have been on a meme making kick lately. Ha

mrex

*Supporting member*
Hello everyone ....this is Mason's Mom....aka Mrs. Ratcliff. :) Brock allowed Mason to read the comments on his video. Thanks for all the kind words. Like his Dad, he likes to read how great he is. I just wanted to add a couple of things. The first being that No, his buck was NOT as big as mine and Second No, he did not "out shoot" the great Mike Rex. Sorry Mr. Rex .....even though it was said in jest I yelled at him for his comment. Being humble is something Mason is still working on. :) Mason's love for hunting is something that he inherited from his father for sure! Thank you Brock for always putting Mason first and teaching him things he will carry with him for the rest of his life. The memories you two make will never be forgotten. He will never remember how much money we made, the kind of car we drove, but he will never forget those moments camping out in the cold, eating snack cakes, hanging out in the tree stand and all the "fish tales" you two think up on the way home from the lake! Ok...with that being said I love you two and I promise I will never comment on your "he man" forum again <3 Krista

Mrs. Ratcliff,

Mr. Kaiser is proof positive, men want to be like me and woman want to be with me. Although, I'm yet to figure out which camp he's in...;)

In all seriousness...Mason is a fine young man and in my eyes there's nothing wrong with a little competitive smack although it's understandable that his parents might wish he'd have chosen a different verb in the heat of the moment. He was obviously excited!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member

Good grief... New password is in order.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
For some reason I wasn't able to watch this on my phone. Got to watch it this evening, and that was some funny stuff! Mason is a stone cold killer!

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Lol. Thanks again Brock for sharing that true life video with us. I've watched it 3 times and chuckled every time. You and your wife a truly great parents and Mason's character shows that. Mason will always remember that epic day!

lung buster

hocking county
Just watched it again with my two little hunters, they were into it the entire time and both were all smiles! Andrew heard you say" liver" and had about the same reaction as Mason, lol. Great stuff and thanks again for sharing!

Kaiser878

ohio
Mrs. Ratcliff,

Mr. Kaiser is proof positive, men want to be like me and woman want to be with me. Although, I'm yet to figure out which camp he's in...;)

In all seriousness...Mason is a fine young man and in my eyes there's nothing wrong with a little competitive smack although it's understandable that his parents might wish he'd have chosen a different verb in the heat of the moment. He was obviously excited!

Haha

Diablo54

Outside
Great video! Congrats again mason.

Love how he smacks the snot out of the treestand with his hand in excitement and then moments later realized that that hurt lol.

twireman

Kingston, OH
Pretty awesome to have a memory like that on film to watch over and over through the years. Kudos to you Brock for raising a fine young man! Also keep up the good work Mason!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Seeing Krista and Mike chime in really added some great stuff to this thread!

Very funny pic Zach! I too have watched this video twice and will be doing it again several more times! The raw emotion and the joy and excitement shared by both father and son is a breath of fresh air!