Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

4th Annual TOO Summer Shoot - July 18-20

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Lol no way, Ive never shot anywhere close to that I'm a 35 and under type of guy

You say that now but it will happen. Ask anybody that has ever gone to the summer bow shoot lol. As the saying goes "Don't worry about arrows, they make new ones everyday" lol. Just have to keep an eye on Joe and his 80 yard pin lol.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
I do have every intention on being there. As long as don't have to work that weekend.
However, I will bring my deep fryer and as much fish as I can muster. Bluegills and some early spring bass sure sound good. If any of you have extra fish and or anything we can deep fry, please feel free to bring it. Lol

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I hate to admit it, but I have never properly filleted a fish. Every attempt I have made resulted in a horrific butchering. I'd like to make a point to hit some of the surrounding areas and catch some fish. Then have you fellers teach me how to filet a fish. Then eat the tasty little bastards!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I hate to admit it, but I have never properly filleted a fish. Every attempt I have made resulted in a horrific butchering. I'd like to make a point to hit some of the surrounding areas and catch some fish. Then have you fellers teach me how to filet a fish. Then eat the tasty little bastards!

I like seeing other ways. I don't dehead or gut. I just cut down the spine and follow the ribs as best I can. Then I generally remove the skin.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I like seeing other ways. I don't dehead or gut. I just cut down the spine and follow the ribs as best I can. Then I generally remove the skin.

Yeah. Jesse, if you get a fish with thicker bones, like catfish, you can filet them just like you cut the back straps out of a deer. Main thing is you need a good filet knife.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
A sharp fillet knife is a must. My buddy Chip uses an electric knife, and is fast and proficient as heck with it. He can do two to my one. Iam fairly fast myself and he makes short order with his electric knife.

Huckleberry Finn

Is this really the 4th year? Dang...seems like just the other day we were getting poured on...oh wait, that's every TOO campout!

I've got it in my calendar.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
WHHHEEWWWW WEEE come on July!

C1000, glad to hear you are most likely joining us this year. I only made it last year and it was a blast! Don't believe these fellas when they tell you that you need to lose an arrow or shoot 200yrds. It is not for everyone and not everyone is shooting $1,000 setups. Not saying that equipment is needed to take the shot and have fun, but it's not for everyone (including me). Take the equipment you have, have some fun and do some nock hunting. Heck, you may even have Beener thinking of buying a "mid-range" bow when it's all said and done.

One thing these guys forgot to tell you is to bring equipment for rain. Whether that is a tarp for your tent, a poncho, x-tra trashbags, or an easy-up, it will most likely rain being a TOO event!

Adam, that sucks man. If things change and you get time off and want to hitch a ride, just let me know as we get closer. Not sure when i'll be heading down or back, but the offer is always there.

ohio
I have tarps to attach to my jeep as we do when camping but we usually use other jeeps for the other end lol, I usually sleep in my jeep as well lol I've never heard the term knock hunting..dunno? Haha

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio

C1000, glad to hear you are most likely joining us this year. I only made it last year and it was a blast! Don't believe these fellas when they tell you that you need to lose an arrow or shoot 200yrds. It is not for everyone and not everyone is shooting $1,000 setups. Not saying that equipment is needed to take the shot and have fun, but it's not for everyone (including me). Take the equipment you have, have some fun and do some nock hunting. Heck, you may even have Beener thinking of buying a "mid-range" bow when it's all said and done.

One thing these guys forgot to tell you is to bring equipment for rain. Whether that is a tarp for your tent, a poncho, x-tra trashbags, or an easy-up, it will most likely rain being a TOO event!

Adam, that sucks man. If things change and you get time off and want to hitch a ride, just let me know as we get closer. Not sure when i'll be heading down or back, but the offer is always there.
Even if I did get a chance to go I wouldn't be able to leave until Friday evening after work. I would still have to take a vacation day for Saturday leaving me 2 vacation days and 3 personal days for the rest of the year. Burn a Friday and Saturday for vacation for this fall.... Hmmm

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH

Guy buys a new bow and never ceases catching shit. Lol

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Guy buys a new bow and never ceases catching shit. Lol

I believe I recall you sitting around the fire stating you were going to look into mid-range bows. Just recalling your words my friend :smiley_crocodile:. Whether you drive a Kia, a Chevy, or a Ferrari it ain't none of my business!