Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Best Vacuum Sealer under $200

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I had hoped to have enough money to pony uo the $350 for the Cadillac model Milo suggested. However I went over budget on the wife's laptop, so I gotta trim fat somewhere. I just brought home an upright freezer just for vacuum sealed bulk food and meal prep stuff. Its something I'll use 2-3 times a month max. I might go another $50 if I saw fit.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
It's like getting into a 5 dollar a hand poker game and only having 4 quarters to your name. Don't skimp save your coin till you have enough to get what you want

reo

N.E. Ohio
I have a no frills foodsaver and have had it for years. I think it is a 2400 series. I have had no issues and use it quite a bit.

Last edited:
I have a Foodsaver and occasionally I do have problems getting it to seal correctly. Either it starts sealing before all of the air is out of the package or at times the sealing strip doesn't completely seal so I end up double sealing everything. Just took some backstraps out the other day that had some freezer burn on it from deer from this past season. Pissed me right off. I say save up your money and get the kind Milo is telling you to.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I have an older foodsaver and don't have any real problems with it. I had some issues at first with bad seals but found out the problem was moisture. You need to pat dry what ever you are putting in the bag. If it is to moist, the liquid gets in the way of the two side of the bag making good contact during sealing. Its also a good idea to run a damp rag over the rubber gasket before sealing. Sometimes.if it is to dry it won't make a good seal on the outside of the bag and won't be able to get all the air out.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I bought this one and have had no complaints or issues so far. I did have an older model food saver that quit making a seal a couple years ago, but it had been used and abused for years. Like Dante said, the older ones were picky about moisture, but this model has a setting for moist or dry food. It's upright and you don't have to hold it down for the entire seal like my previous model. Just put what you want in the slot and press the button.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/17481610?...57242750&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=34887190750&veh=sem

yotehunter

spencerville oh
I have a Foodsaver and occasionally I do have problems getting it to seal correctly. Either it starts sealing before all of the air is out of the package or at times the sealing strip doesn't completely seal so I end up double sealing everything. Just took some backstraps out the other day that had some freezer burn on it from deer from this past season. Pissed me right off. I say save up your money and get the kind Milo is telling you to.

I had the same issue . It was the foam seals. I called the company they sent them that day for 6 bucks. I use mine all year from meat and the three gardens I raise and this is the only trouble I have. I have replaced the seals twice. The 100 quart bags of sweet corn is hard on them do to the sugar gets them stickey. I started washing mine, after I do sweet corn and I haven't had any trouble since. I've had mine 8 years now. I use it for fish ,meat, and a lot of veggies. jerky

I have an older foodsaver and don't have any real problems with it. I had some issues at first with bad seals but found out the problem was moisture. You need to pat dry what ever you are putting in the bag. If it is to moist, the liquid gets in the way of the two side of the bag making good contact during sealing. Its also a good idea to run a damp rag over the rubber gasket before sealing. Sometimes.if it is to dry it won't make a good seal on the outside of the bag and won't be able to get all the air out.

I had the same issue . It was the foam seals. I called the company they sent them that day for 6 bucks. I use mine all year from meat and the three gardens I raise and this is the only trouble I have. I have replaced the seals twice. The 100 quart bags of sweet corn is hard on them do to the sugar gets them stickey. I started washing mine, after I do sweet corn and I haven't had any trouble since. I've had mine 8 years now. I use it for fish ,meat, and a lot of veggies. jerky

Great advice. I've tried cleaning mine but never really took the foam seals out to wash them. Will keep it all in mind the next time I take it out.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Just bought the same one at Sam's Club for $120. My older Foodsaver worked but would overheat or something. Sucked air out fine. Vacced it down, but then the thing wouldn't seal. As much as we have used it, I figured I would buy a second one to speed up things. 5yr warranty helped my decision. Will know by the end of the weekend how she does.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Does it have the retractable hose on it y'all???? If so how's it going in and out? Any issues with it???