Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Home Brew Thread

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Can you tell a difference

with IPA's it seems to me there is little difference due to the Hop load. on others like red ale i would say yes. But i would put some of my extract batch beer up against anything out there honestly. Saturday i sat down and had a Columbus brewing company IPA which is an excellent beer and i feel my current IPA s better than it by a good bit. Dont get me wrong I love CBC IPA but for the price difference im solid on mine. Im going to try to experiment with water chemistry next to see what effect that has on the product. Extract batch generally run 40 bucks for 2 cases...most comparable beers are in teh 9 bucks a 6 pack range so there is a huge saving in the long run.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Mike I'm going to suggest you brew up a black IPA. It's fantastic and if you haven't tried one it's a great brew

Buckmaster

Portage
Here we are...... one year removed from the Strawberry patch. One 5 gallon carboy resulted in 25 bottles of Strawberry wine. I made it 13% alcohol by volume with a residual sweetness. Smells just like Strawberries, goes down smooth, then has enough alcohol to warm from your belly to cheeks. It should make the female panelists blush in the upcoming wine making competition this weekend. I'll be surprised if it doesn't take first place in the fruit wine section. We shall see. My grape wines won't be ready until October. My process takes one year from fruit to finished wine.

Attachments

• Wine.jpg
    Wine.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 151
  • Wine.jpg
    Wine.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 157
  • Strawberries.jpg
    Strawberries.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 157