Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Garden Thread

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Looks great Phil! Very nice.

Fuggin Fluteman decided to have a son and named him Noah. He's due soon and he'd better bring the ark cause we're about to wash away down here! I still haven't touched my garden and am not alone. It's been raining at least once every 48 hours all of May. I can't even mow most of my yard. My raised bed at the house has not come close to drying out. It's so wet that it drowned out some survivor squash seeds in the big garden!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Ran my drip irrigation lines tonight. Need to add the emitters and secure the tubing. Can't find the adaptor to hook to the hose. Probably have to buy one. Finished up around 10pm with the garden, hooking trucks to trailers, emptying the dump truck, etc. 15hr days suck. Only time I have to work on the garden this week though. Maybe Wednesday night, but it is our son's birthday so that is probably out too. Oh well. I'll do what I can, when I can.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I can't seem to find the time. I got my first till done but none to prep the bed for planting. Going to wait until we get back from Texas.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'm throwing grass seed on mine. Never had the time to weed it last year and it got out of control. I'll put a couple wax peppers around the house.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I can't seem to find the time. I got my first till done but none to prep the bed for planting. Going to wait until we get back from Texas.

Ugghh... Same here. I just don't have the time. I have strawberry patch out there that I'll tend to, but when it comes to planting a garden this year it's going to be confined to a few pots on the back porch. Some tomatoes and peppers will likely be all that I "plant."

Buckmaster

Portage
I shot my garden plot with Roundup last night. If it doesn't rain this weekend it might get tilled.

I'll pick up some tomatoes and some Jalapeno's sometime this week. Bought a pound of Bean seeds yesterday along with 100# lime and Triple 19.

I may try some straw this year to combat the weeds.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Got half the drip irrigation installed last night. Had to use auxiliary lights to do it. Been burning the wick at both ends lately. Hope to finish other half of irrigation tonight.

Buckmaster

Portage
Slow day at the office so I found my way to our local greenhouse.

I bought a flat for $ 16.99.

20 tomatoes of variety, 12 Jalapano, and 3 pickle bushes.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good stuff Ben. Finished the drip irrigarion tonight. Even got my wife to help install emitters as I cussed the barbed couplings and tubing. Funny to hear her join me in the cussing. "See how much easier it is when you talk dirty to them honey?"

Might need to add some more compost, then mulch or straw around them to cut back on weeds.

Donated blood again today. It aids in getting the fittings inserted. It's a natural lubricant.

Buckmaster

Portage
It's so easy....a Phil could do it.

I tilled and popped a few of my plants in last night. Now that the raised beds are filled its time to shift focus to the 50'x30' "weed" garden.

Attachments

• Beds.jpg
    Beds.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 87

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sorry Phil, but the second pic looks like you're about to give the dog a dirt nap.
You cracked me up too Mike. Never noticed her in the picture until you pointed it out. Nothing like a 35-40lb beagle to park her lazy butt wherever she wants. Not a care in the world. We love her for it. She owns it.