Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ladder stand placement

Hoytman62

As a new bow hunter, can anyone recommend where to put my ladder stand? Thanks for any help!! I have attached a satellite image with pins.. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392510817.346646.jpg

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That back corner of the feeding field would be a great location inside the woods. Just make sure you have a good entrance and exit out so as not to spook them in the fields in morning or evening.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Call me stupid but because of typical west variations of wind in Ohio I would check out a set on the northern edge of one of the small field/openings to the east of the bedding area.

Well, anywhere northeast of those deer paths seem like the ticket. I'd put it in a spot where you can get in and out without deer seeing you or smelling you. Maybe put two stands on each side for different wind. Hard to say exactly where without actually seeing the land but that's just my humble opinion.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Looks to me that you are better off only hunting that place with a north or east wind. Unless you are going to favor the NE corner of the feeding area, then use that as your west or south wind location. I would try to set up a stand in both locations so you could hunt multiple wind directions.

Blackbeard

Oak Hill, OH
In between the bedding area and the feeding area in the woods that separates them.

Ditto. Don't know how high your ladder stand is but I have always found it to be more difficult to find a tree suitable for ladder stands where you don't get picked off. I suggest multiple trunks with lots of limbs.