Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Binoculars

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
If I were to spend $500 on glass it would be Vortex Talon HD's. I would never spend that much because I get just as much use out of a set of Diamondbacks. The extra $300 can go towards something else and my eyes still appreciate the clarity of the Diamondbacks. If a great set of glass matters for your style of hunting and scouting the 10x42 Talons can be had for $479 shipped.

They are impressive for the price.

http://youtu.be/PauT5PvytCY

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
CANNOT believe nobody has mentioned the Nikon Monarch ATB 8x42 binoculars. Love mine. That said, if I were to do it again, I would give the Vortex a fair shake given the feedback I have read on TOO. I am considering some 10x binoculars for road scouting. For a lifetime warranty and treestand hunting, I am very pleased with my Nikon binoculars. I believe I had just under $200 in mine. $190 shipped for the camo version if memory serves me right.

DXT

I have a pair of 10x50 leupold Mohave these are great binos. I used them in Wyoming and was really impressed with clarity and low light conditions. My buddy has the 10x42 mojaves and they are pretty good binos also.