Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Who still has their buck tag?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I still have mine, and last years, and the year before that. Can't eat horns they always say... My reply is, then why shoot the small bucks; does are made of meat too. :smiley_depressive:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Still have mine also.... Hope to get back out but I usually concentrate on bunny hunting after deer gun is over....

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Still got mine...

I am going to do some scouting and figure out where I am going to move my stands to. this snow will give their hard run routes away..

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I don't have mine, but I have one with my last name on it! :smiley_coolpeace:

I'm working hard right now to get Tracie on a buck with the muzzleloader as I'm sure the bowhunting is over with for the year. It simply takes too many clothes to get her through a cold weather sit and that makes me nervous when it comes to shooting a bow. I'm not willing to risk her making a bad shot with a bow because she's cold, stiff, and bound up with clothing. That being said, golden acorns are out friends right now. I have two set-ups strictly for gun hunting right now that center on deer moving past us to hit the corn. I'll be moving one of them this weekend in an attempt to get us a better vantage point of the creek bottom and hillside where most of our deer are moving right now. We'll be back out for the extra weekend, so hopefully we can keep the streak alive and get Tracie her 7th deer in 7 seasons. As time moves on, this streak gets tougher and tougher to maintain! Especially after 17 hours this week with only a single deer sighting!!!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Still got mine. I hunted that big old buck all week and never saw him once. And I mean all week. Sad thing is he was at my cam and corn pile every night. There's a 120 acre field of switch grass that's 6 foot tall and you can't see a deer when they're in it. Tonight I had 4 doe step out of it 10 foot away and did'nt even know they were coming toward me. He's in there but he's not coming out till dark. I don't know if I should get one of them turtle box blinds and set it out in the field and hunt out of that or what the heck to do. If I'm gonna kill em its gonna be in the am catching him going to his bedding area. That was my strategy all week but we see how that turned out......

Set up one of those tower blinds in that field if you can.....put some corn out on the upwind side and I bet you will see him.

rrr

^ Yea, take advice from the guy who's filled not one, but TOO buck tags this year.

Jealous....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Set up one of those tower blinds in that field if you can.....put some corn out on the upwind side and I bet you will see him.

I hauled 100 pounds of corn to the top point of a 300 foot ridge this weekend.. At the top is a 20 yard strip of 10 inch poplars, then 250 acres of 15 year old pines. The wind is coming out of the thick pines and down the ridge into the hardwoods. I put one 6 foot 4 inch diameter PVC pipe about 10 yards in the pines for security and cut a lane, and another 20 yards towards the edge of the point. Both are about 20 yards from the blind. The blind is tucked in a leafy blowdown... Time for the real killing to begin.. Hopefully i can keep the corn buzzards out of it though.. They had the whole hollow scratched up.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
I have 3 more in Zone C. :smiley_bril:

Talked to a guy today at the shell station in west liberty and he was excited to tell me he killed three bucks this year. Two button bucks and a 8 point about 10 inches wide. Wonder how many other cock suckers do this????

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Still got mine, and am eating antlerless soup for the first time since they came out with the antlerless tags. Been a rough one this year. Haven't had one like this for at least 8 years. :smiley_boos:

But that is what I love about archery season. Still got 2 more months to make it happen.:smiley_bril:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Have mine but I was being picky...Fugg it now the freezer is almost empty again. Two packs burger and one pack of Venison breakfast brats left. Two cold out now for the slobs. I will have the woods to myself until gun and muzzy.

Beentown

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I have mine still but actually had the crosshairs on three quality 2.5 year olds while totin my trusty rem 1100. Two of the bucks were 120ish and one a nice heavy beamed 8 pt. with solid potential. I'm holding out for my target buck which I do not know for sure is still alive. I hunted with my bro this past week while patroling our land at the same time. I've never seen so many road hunters in my life. We both were in the woods the entire week from dark to dark with the exception of the two days we came in for lunch which only amounted to an hour or so. It amazes me of the amount of time wasted by others who call themselves hunters while driving around keeping warm looking for some deer on others property. Oh well, every year we notice this trend and I just wondered if anyone of you guys seen the same shit. My bro did get a target buck of ours on other land we hunt which made the week a hit so that made my year. We nicked named him the, "Sweepin' Eight", but unfortunately he busted off his right g-2 while fighting so that sucks but still a good 3.5 yr' old nonetheless. I will still be hunting hard throughout the rest of the year in between backed up chores, family times and work. Goodluck to those who are in the same boat as I and lets all be safe out there.:smiley_bril: