Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Here's Why!!!!

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Seasons over and if you were lucky enough to get one you get TOO the part of why you are a deer hunter!!! DSC06426.jpg Backstrap in butter!!!!

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
That looked good so I had to try it. Yep, it was awesome! Just butter, salt and pepper and it was the best tasting most tender meat I've had in a long time. Even the wife liked it and she doesn't normally care for deer meat unless it's ground and mixed with something else.

I don't think I'll ever cook backstraps another way now. Quick, simple and hard to beat.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
I'll take that meat and get some hungry man bisquits and make little samiches with it!!!! Ate four that night and the rest for lunch the next day. Asked the wife and daughter if they wanted any and they said no. Damn i'm glad they said no lol!!!! The easy part is what i like also!!!!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sounds great! I'm lucky that my daughters and wife really like what dishes I make with venison. Everything from deer burger gravy and biscuits,deer loaf,backstraps,deer roast and deer chili. If I had a canner I'd can it as well and I'm sure they'd like that TOO. If its killed,gutted,processed and cooked properly venison is very good table fare.