Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Nc snow pix

joejoe8

Left a few cameras out to see what might have made it. Got some good snow pix, something I don't get a lot of.
IMAG0054.jpgIMAG0076.jpgIMAG0091.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Couple of nice bucks you got there.... How long the snow last???? My sons down in sumpter sc and they had a few inches the other day as well....

joejoe8

Couple of nice bucks you got there.... How long the snow last???? My sons down in sumpter sc and they had a few inches the other day as well....

About 5 days or so, we got about 7 inches or so at my house. Wish we could get some in hunting season.

I pretty sure both these bucks will be 5+ this year.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Couple of dandy bucks there!! This snow has got me wondering how much it will impact turkey populations this Spring.

If this damn snow melts before spring hatching I don't think it'll hurt the turkeys overall. I've had enough snow and cold temps already.

If this damn snow melts before spring hatching I don't think it'll hurt the turkeys overall. I've had enough snow and cold temps already.

Yep, my concern isn't with spring hatching it's all this snow, melting, re-freezing and more snow. Once there is an icy crust that separates the ground from the turkey it becomes very difficult for them to find food.