Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Still Packing, Still Hope

Lundy

I saw 4 bucks yesterday in the Athens area and many flat tops. Not sure if any of the flat tops were shed bucks. largest buck looked to be about a 120" 8.

There were sure on their feet from 10-2 yesterday

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
They are on their feet right now. Although I rarely see deer down my way on my travels anymore the group of 5 and another two I saw bedded in a bean stubble field were near high human traffic areas where there is no hunting access.

themedic

OHIO
A little over 27 inches Moundhill. Here is a pic of the score sheet, sorry for the water mark "shameless plug" but it's the only way I have it uploaded onto photo bucket

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dang nice set Corey! Reminds me of the set I found from a buck I named Bonehead! Almost identical in every way except he had very weak brows(2-3") but his 27"beams and excellent mass made up for it. Given an 18" inside spread he scored 153 gross.
Congrats on the finds! He must have dropped them late to have not been found by any critters!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Oh, talked to a guy down here that doubled up with a buddy on two big ole birds a few weeks ago. One killed a 26 pounder and the other a 24 pounder but he also told me he had a small basket 8 still carrying his hard horned full rack walk right up on him while turkey hunting on April 27th! Doesn't surprise me as they carry them late down here!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Oh, talked to a guy down here that doubled up with a buddy on two big ole birds a few weeks ago. One killed a 26 pounder and the other a 24 pounder but he also told me he had a small basket 8 still carrying his hard horned full rack walk right up on him while turkey hunting on April 27th! Doesn't surprise me as they carry them late down here!

Alex and I saw a dink 8 two weeks ago still packing a 4 pt side.

teej89

NE PA
dang look at those sheds! good luck w/ him this year man. Maybe you'll get some pics of his growth up till the season, that'd be pretty sweet.