Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What would you like to see change?

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
You can talk about what you would like to see all you want. But the reality is, it will never change as long as the primary objective is $$$$$. I'm like TF is some respects in the fact that I like to see dead deer. However, the longer I hunt and the older I get, the less that appeals to me. Maybe if I was sent to Japan for a while, I'd change my mind! :smiley_blackeye: But for now, I like Midwest Whitetail and Red Arrow. I used to be a big Slunger fan, but those guys lost the magic the second they went for the Benjamins. I am still a Drury fan because I consider them the lesser of two evils in the "dead monster bucks" video world. (Realtree vs. Drury) But I am also a fan of the Legends of the Fall. The show is a little corny, but I kinda like that about them. That's a good group of folks right there...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I would like to see a show where the guys DON'T say "unbelievable hunt" or "buck of a lifetime" on every freaking show.......come on man, give me a break!

Another thing that drives me nuts is Hank Parker pimping those Shwacker broadheads and how you can now take quartering shots! Since when is a quartering shot an ethical archery shot? It can be made and I have done it, but it's not for everybody that's for sure.

Also, Hank Parker pimping this C'mere deer crap on every 3rd commercial......."It's for the working man who doesn't have time to scout, it levels the playing field" You got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!

Yea I saw that one, too. What a fuggin joke. Now they have to base their commercials on a piss poor excuse??? Unbelievable. :smiley_boos:

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I tell ya one show I really started to like then they got into the same stuff everyone else is...

Endless Season....Those tow guys had a good thing going...Now...Boooorrriinnngggg!!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
The Hank Parker shows suck. His sons that are still sucking off his teets make me naseous.

I like Michael Waddle because he's a pretty funny dude, but in regard to hunting, he's just like the rest. He's set up in prime locations.... yada yada yada...

I can look at Tiffany Lakosky all day and her husband seems like a cool dude, but let's face it... it's not reality TV.

I don't know, I guess it has to be somewhat fake for entertainment. If it were like real hunting who would watch? Hell, if I want to see nothing all I have to do is go to the woods and hunt on my own. If I want to actually see something, I need to watch the Outdoor Channel.

Just seeing some of these guys get skunked, like I do most years, in regard to a wall hanger would be refreshing.

CdBurner

I like to watch the Jimmy Big Time show. Just for the fact that the whole premise of the show is to make fun of the ego guys, selling everything they can, hunting in perfect spots or canned land.

A great sitcom based of a hunting show. Done well. Makes me laugh every episode.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
The biggest joke of a show right now is Monster trophy whitetails with Dr. Jimmy Steger.....It's blatantly obvious they are hunting high fenced areas as there are 180 inch bucks seemingly behind every other tree. They routinely pass up 160 to 170 inch deer and kill a 200 plus incher every episode.....the bucks are obviously on roids.

Schu72

Streetsboro
There used to ba a show called the do i yourself hunter. They hunted all public land. I thought it was great. It showed all the things we deal with, guys walking right under you, people sneaking up on your decoys, but like other said, i didn't last long due to lack of big bone.

I have almost totally stopped watching huning shows, anyone can shot domesticated deer. I do like dream season and there is another new one with two man teams that self film. They are much more "real".

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
I dont watch the Outdoor channel as well....Its not reality. I bust my ass trying to kill these publicland mature bucks and these tv guys doit under conditions where the deer live in a false sense of reality. I cant stand it..wont watch em. The big bucks are made to look like fools under the conditions they hunt.

I think they have taken something so reveered by hunters and exploited it.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I used to be a huge DVD/VHS Drury,Realtree,Kisky,Gregory,Lee and Tiff. buyer and watcher but I stopped buying and watching a few years ago. Whitetail Freaks is all right but not realistic in my world. I can't find 100 acres TOO hunt exclusively let alone 12,000 acrea like Birdsong and Bowsaw do. Hell, many don't know that Don Kisky's father owned and operated 2 to 3 thousand acres when he got started. All these guys or at least most of them are great hunters but have the serious $$$$ to be afforded the time and land to score big several times a year. In a nut shell, I hunt hard for myself and would rather spend my time catching up with YOU ALL HERE ON TOO, and here about your hunts, than watch TV celebs do there thing! OH, the one thing I hope doesn't continue TOO happen when it comes TOO Whitetail hunting is the use of Wireless cameras. IMO and MO only, it tilts the favor towards the hunter immensely! I think(I'm only speculating) that it's becoming quite :smiley_chinrub:popular nowadays!