Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dealing with late season

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I am surprised that most of the veteran hunters in this post have never experienced this. Early season (milk for fawns) and late season doe harvesting is a personal choice. Both present scenarios that as hunters, you have to understand what you are doing. If you are meat hunting, put these out of your mind or you will never be able to sling an arrow and it will eat at you for awhile.

I once saw a grown man break down in tears during a late season ML controlled hunt at Mosquito Lake after he realized she was pregnant. Not for the faint of heart, but nothing new.

themedic

OHIO
I wish I hadn't seen this. For the last few years I have not shot any does, this year I swore I would shoot some late season and honestly fill my freezer and try to avoid buying hamburger for 2014. I have went a few nights lately on "doe missions" with no luck and now after seeing this I cant shake it. Is this normal? Seems like ever since I got married I have gotten soft.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I wish I hadn't seen this. For the last few years I have not shot any does, this year I swore I would shoot some late season and honestly fill my freezer and try to avoid buying hamburger for 2014. I have went a few nights lately on "doe missions" with no luck and now after seeing this I cant shake it. Is this normal? Seems like ever since I got married I have gotten soft.

Man up and you'll be OK. I'm just kiddin ya, I would be sad TOO if this happened to me but it comes with being a hunter.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
I had to field dress a doe less than two weeks ago and I'm glad I didn't look closely and glad it was dark. Very cool picture and thread but I think seeing that would mess me up a little. I've got a lot of love and respect for these animals but unfortunately for them they are delicious and lots of fun to hunt.

Shoulder Blade

I had to field dress a doe less than two weeks ago and I'm glad I didn't look closely and glad it was dark. Very cool picture and thread but I think seeing that would mess me up a little. I've got a lot of love and respect for these animals but unfortunately for them they are delicious and lots of fun to hunt.

Hopefully our next deer have antlers