Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Geauga County bucks and does

rsmith

Nice pull, the buck in the second pic looking at the camera has some good length.

I was thinking that, now after getting a secon look at him he does look pretty decent. I'm still gunning for the other 8 though, not the one with the tall g2, just love the look of him

rsmith

okay, so i got over eager with having it on video mode and was so anxious on watching them on video, i now will have it on video mode all the time! here they are!

rsmith

now these were the good ones of the camera just being out for 48 hours! now i will be staying out of their for the next 2 weeks, besides maybe once every 4 days to fill the feeder

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Very cool vids! Love how in the one vid the small buck shows his place in the hierarchy as the nice 8 eats from the feeder.lol

rsmith

i got over eager again... i had to though it was killing me, but this time is the last time i do a quick pull again, but it was well worth it i got some awesome footage!
if you look behind the buck on the right there is what looks to me to be a good size buck I have never seen before , wish i could of got a close up video of him!

these are the other two batchlers that are roaming the area that arent my normals but they will be good contenders for the following years

rsmith

well, here is some pics from my first pull at my foot plot. pretty good looking ones showing up already, hopefully they will not eat it all down before season, good thing i bought more oats to overcast with on the first week of september!

rsmith

an update at the feeder, the 8's seem to have grown a little taller, and i finally got a couple good pics of the buck with the weird rack, and a cool video of a fawn

and some turkeys to say hello

Last edited:

rsmith

Lookin good! Hope you're not going out there too much! Patience! :smiley_coolpeace:
Thanks! And I know I only grabbed it cause it was about to rain and I wanted to overseed my plot and my feeder is relatively close to my plot so I figured a 9 days was a good soak, but next week I am going to throw out corn and than pull cards than stay out until a week before season so they get comfortable

rsmith

After a week and a half soak i figured i would go out in the rain and change batteries and cards in the cams and thank goodness I did, the plot camera took 2150 pictures and the feeder cam took a combined 30 sec video and pic of 1200 and both were running on below 45% battery. But here are some of the best pics/ videos I got out of the pull. Also the Batachler group of 6 bucks came through and now I know what Jessie ment about bucks bouncing around for a period of days or weeks at a time, they disappeared on the 7th and are now back again.

rsmith

than two pretty cool videos of the buck I am going after and the other buck i am calling diamond because his rack is shaped like a upside down diamond

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Love seeing the big buck photos early in the evening with lots of daylight left. I think you're gonna fill that buck tag early this season. Very cool set up.

rsmith

Well, Diamond has shed his velvet and turned out pretty good, He was a shooter for me but after seeing him now I think I may have to give him a pass, he looks good but at the same time he still has lots of room to grow and also he has a great shaped rack for it too. IDK what to do but I do know that I hope the wide 8 sticks around and hangs out how they were before! coming in at 7:30 am or 7:30 pm. here they are from the recent pull