Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Geauga County bucks and does

rsmith

just an update on the two eights i have roaming around. not a monster but I'm still pretty excited to see them all the time

rsmith

They both are real good bucks, esp the one on the right! Still some time to add a few inches and maybe their daddy will show up during the rut!

I sure hope so!! If they're this big I could only image the daddy. I think it may be the big eight that is on page 2 of this thread?? What do you think?

rsmith

Thank you! Now the only question is do I take a shot at them, or wait and see if the bigger ones come out of the walls that I believe are hiding around? I know there are big deer by me because of the pics I got last year, just a matter of attracting them

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Very nice deer but because they're main frame 8's they need a pass, IMO but its entirely up to you. You can't kill a bigger one legally if your tagged out. Good luck and keep em coming.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Thank you! Now the only question is do I take a shot at them, or wait and see if the bigger ones come out of the walls that I believe are hiding around? I know there are big deer by me because of the pics I got last year, just a matter of attracting them

That's a question only you can answer.... whats your biggest deer? biggest deer with a bow? How many P&Y deer have you killed? Do you like tag soup... lol I've played this game for a long time and if that would be your biggest deer with a bow, SHOOT IT! Who gives a rats ass what anyone else thinks. Your not hunting to please other people, your hunting to please yourself and the goals you have set for yourself. Just make sure they're realistic goals and not TV star goals.... unless you have a wall of 160+'s already

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
That's a question only you can answer.... whats your biggest deer? biggest deer with a bow? How many P&Y deer have you killed? Do you like tag soup... lol I've played this game for a long time and if that would be your biggest deer with a bow, SHOOT IT! Who gives a rats ass what anyone else thinks. Your not hunting to please other people, your hunting to please yourself and the goals you have set for yourself. Just make sure they're realistic goals and not TV star goals.... unless you have a wall of 160+'s already
Amen.

I can tell you from experience that quality 8's in velvet ALWAYS look bigger than they really are. That said, the deer on the right is a solid deer and would certainly get me up out of my seat. However I agree with Ric that they need a year if it was me and our farm. I'm also holding out for 140+ deer, so that influences that decision more than anything.

If either deer makes you happy, bust 'em!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio

Great answer Zach!

rsmith

I have only got one deer, and that is the buck in my picture so anything is a lot bigger than what I have gotten. I do love the look of the one on the right and would love to have him hanging on my wall, I know he's no monster by any means but he is good in my book, we will see if he will give me a shot at him.

rsmith

while i was out messing with putting in the food plot i pulled the camera, this is what i got
he looks to have grown a little more

he looks to be the same

than a new group of bucks came in to say hello

rsmith

That one in the first picture would get shot if it were me. Pretty cool he keeps coming in during daylight!
That's what I was thinking, if he presents me with a shot a arrow is going right threw him, and I know I am trying to keep out of their past 2 pm so their is no pressure in their which lets them come in during the day. I have been trying to put my plot in for the past week so there has been a lot of pressure but I'm done now so I'm staying out of their for the next couple weeks

rsmith

just an update

this guys got some character, hopefully he stays around for the next 3 years so he will grow haha