Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Biggest doe you have shot?

Matt

Norton, OH
Jesse, how big was this one that I shot? I don't remember it being as big as those others, but I know she was big...

Then of course there was the monster I shot last year.... rotflmaorotflmaorotflmao

Last edited:

Diablo54

Outside
This one had milk on it's lips and spots on it's back. Tasted good though.
I've killed a few decent sized does but nothing too crazy. That bow is 62inches long lol

Attachments

• 100_2789.jpg
    100_2789.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 213

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
I think the biggest I ever had on a scale was 120#. Which I thought was a big doe, there are some monsters posted here!!

I like the corn pic too:smiley_clap:

Matt

Norton, OH
Why do you think I shot him thinkin' he was his sister's momma???? Sorry to take him outta your gene pool buddy... :smiley_blackeye:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Never shot a doe either. Thought I shot two last year. Little buzzards had buttons on their heads! Oops. Learned a lot last year. I am so cautious in attempting NOT to shoot button bucks now that it has cost me some deer this season. haha

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Here is the biggest doe I have taken. Took her in PA back in 2008. I think she was about 130 lbs.

Attachments

• PC040601.jpg
    PC040601.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 234
  • PC040600.jpg
    PC040600.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 203

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I think the biggest I ever had on a scale was 120#. Which I thought was a big doe, there are some monsters posted here!!

I like the corn pic too:smiley_clap:

I have killed some big does too. I actually own a scale, and have weighed a bunch of 'em, the biggest was 134 dressed. I had a conversation with a buddy that runs a deer chop-shop in Jamestown about deer weight. I was dropping off a deer to them at the time. They do around 350 deer a year. They commented on the doe that I had shot as being "huge". There was another laying next to mine, that was by far the biggest I had ever seen. They stated they had never weighed a doe over 135... I told 'em I thought the one laying on the floor would go 140. They scaled it, 142 or something like that. I'll stop short of throwing the BS flag on some of you all's claims on wt, but do you actually weigh them or are you guessing?

Schu72

Streetsboro
I have killed some big does too. I actually own a scale, and have weighed a bunch of 'em, the biggest was 134 dressed. I had a conversation with a buddy that runs a deer chop-shop in Jamestown about deer weight. I was dropping off a deer to them at the time. They do around 350 deer a year. They commented on the doe that I had shot as being "huge". There was another laying next to mine, that was by far the biggest I had ever seen. They stated they had never weighed a doe over 135... I told 'em I thought the one laying on the floor would go 140. They scaled it, 142 or something like that. I'll stop short of throwing the BS flag on some of you all's claims on wt, but do you actually weigh them or are you guessing?

I wish I had a scale to weigh some of my deer.

No other doe killers out there?

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I'll stop short of throwing the BS flag on some of you all's claims on wt, but do you actually weigh them or are you guessing?

Nope. We have a scale. I checked it this summer one night while we were waiting for more bales to come up to the barn and it was 10 lbs. light as it basically took 10 lbs. to even move the indicator and it weighed 100 pounds of weight in at just over 90 pounds. Almost very deer I kill ends up on that scale. My processor also weighs them if you ask him, so if I kill one that doesn't get weighed at the farm, I ask him to weigh it for me. There is some BS 'cause I round up to an even number. My big doe that was 150, was really 149. :D

AVIDOutdoors

The only deer I ever remember weighing was my first ever MANY MANY moons ago.. That deer was 114 lbs. dressed at the meat locker.. I remember me and dad (of course I was 6 lol) not being able to budge that deer, and going to get the tractor.. Now that I look back, maybe it was not AS big as it seemed at the time.. But 114 without skin and guts is still pretty impressive..

I think the biggest doe I've ever shot was this past gun season. We did not weight her but the butcher said she was pushing 200lb. Not sure how accurate that is but I could not load her on the atv and ended up tying a rope around her neck and the other end to the hitch ball so I could drag her back to camp.
PC031366.jpg

Also the first deer I've ever shot was a huge doe I got in Portage county back when I lived in Cleveland. I'll try to find some pics.