Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Saturday Doe

Treed

Stark County
Thanks guys. Like I've said, it's been a long season. I've been hunting a very elusive ten point on my property this year and blew my only opportunity of the season with him a few weeks ago. I was coming to full draw and settling my pin on him when one of my neighbors fired up his damn tractor to plow the gravel road we live on. The deer bolted before I was on him and that was that, the one and only time I saw him from my stand in the daylight this year. He's still around, he shows up a lot on my trail cam at night but they're all middle of the night shots, nothing even close to dusk or dawn. I was getting discouraged so putting some meat in the freezer really helps. I feel like some pressure has been relieved and I can settle in and try to get this guy in these next few weeks. If he makes it through the year, I've got some meat in the freezer and I'll have another chance at him next season. If he screws up anytime in the next few weeks, I'll put a GT in him and hang him on the wall. It's been a heck of a ride, I've definitely put my time in. This is the first time I've hunted a specific deer and it's been quite a learning process. I passed on quite a few does and a couple smaller bucks waiting for the right one but with the season wrapping up, I felt if I couldn't get my buck, I was damn well going to make sure I had something in the freezer to show for all the hours I've spent on stand this year. I'm happy and thankful for the doe I harvested and if she's all I get this year, then that's enough for me.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Man! Sounded like you were just about to get it done before your neighbor boogered him for ya! Way to stick with it and put a doe in the freezer! Good luck on the 10, hope he gives you another well deserved opportunity.

Treed

Stark County
deer.JPG

there we go