Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The death of a Monarch

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
U executed that shit flawlessly man.

On previous hunts how the hell would u get out of there undetected?

I forgot to mention this. I only hunted when I could be there by no later than 3:30. The deer were coming to the corn pile between 4:30 and 5:30. The latest I sat there waiting till I knew they were back up the hill and heading to the picked corn field was 6:10. Never blew a deer out one time...

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks!...It'll be 3 years till that area pays off for someone. The next biggest buck in there might be 80 inches...

I've never found that to be the case on the farms I hunt. Obviously, you've seen differently in the past. I am confident if I actually killed the biggest deer where I hunt, another would be along to take his place before the next season. It's that way on the farm I am most familiar at least. I've assumed it was the same elsewhere. My place in Fayette has as good of habitat as there is in the county. I suppose it could just be the appeal of the habitat that causes another to move in when the current king is killed...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I've never found that to be the case on the farms I hunt. Obviously, you've seen differently in the past. I am confident if I actually killed the biggest deer where I hunt, another would be along to take his place before the next season. It's that way on the farm I am most familiar at least. I've assumed it was the same elsewhere. My place in Fayette has as good of habitat as there is in the county. I suppose it could just be the appeal of the habitat that causes another to move in when the current king is killed...

There are 2-3 in the 140s still around there just not on the north east end of the property where he shot tank. And there is another "tank" in the area. I have pics of two bucks from last year one is tank and the other could be his twin. Before season there is always 3-4 in the 130-140 range and usually a slob or two. Hell. The biggest deer I've ever seen on the hoof was there right before last season but disappeared before season. Something will likely move in and stay now that tanks gone. If not there are still some prospects that are up and comers.

;)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389968937.685517.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Love that pose and the way his ears are positioned. Any other angles and pics without your ugly mug in it? LMAO

His beam length is awesome.......especially his right!