Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The death of a Monarch

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Congrats on a great buck JD.... I was wondering which one of you would actually drop that buck..... Vs him dying of old age.... He was surely one of the most elusive bucks I've ever read of.....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Congratulations buddy! Glad it was either you or Joe that got him! This old monarch definitely lived by his wits, most do! That's why he ran to the pile at last light! Gotta love and respect these old warriors!

Team 6 just might win this contest now if you and my bro ever get around to posting up the measurements of your deer that is! Rotflmao

Gross 160's?

Griz

NH
My hat is off TOO both you and joe. I live in a cold state and completely understand what it takes to sit out in cold, cold temps. The wood stove makes you want to stay close and blow off a hunt. So a well desirved trophy with the plus of having a good friend close by. Not just to help but to share. I will never get tired of ready about these hunt. Congrats, and thanks for sharing.

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Nice job JD. Sounds like Tank fought the good fight. Everytime I heard about him he was over there, here or a tid bit over yonder a way. Thought for sure when Joe was in his socks December before last puttin on a creep he would get a shot lol.

teej89

NE PA
Congrats JD! I saw this story this AM but wanted to wait till lunch to really read thru it. Man what a story for you guys to have such a relationship with a buck. I sure it was a rush of emotions like no other.

Congrats again JD!

Lundy

Congratulations on an awesome deer.

Now what are you and Joe going to do?

Knowing you had Tank to chase everyday I know added to each hunting trip.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

Yeah, that was in the back of my mind as I posted as well.... It's a double edged sword, on the high right now then back too the basics for next year(s) target....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Congratulations on an awesome deer.

The fat lady has sung for this year man. Tank was the one to hold out for. There are a few other 140s and a couple 130s around but they need some time. The mid 150s I passed opening day was shot late October and he was the next largest around behind tank. We'll see what next year brings there is always a good one that passed through at some point during the season.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Its awesome to see one of the good guys get a great deer before the game wardens lmao