Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Today Muzzleloader

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
Just wanted to see if anyone made it out today? Temps hit 37 in Muskingum. I had plans to hunt 2 places... My morning hunt went awesome. I was in the wood by 630 and saw a total of 20 deer, but most were does and small bucks. They have been pounding my feeder and mineral blocks.. I hunted there till 12. I then topped off feeder with another 300# of corn and dumped a bag and checked all my cams and got the hell out of the area for my buddy to sit over feeder in the eve.. On my way to my eve spot I was driving to, I must of seen 50+ deer in the fields.. I'd say 1/2 were all bucks.. they were just standing out there feeding and strolling around.. It was crazy.. you could see deer on hill sides because of the snow fall and I couldn't believe the deer today... I guess the major cold front dropping temps below zero most of next week has them getting ready... SO im looking forward to getting back out next weekend..

So how did everyone else do.. Anything good???

Diablo54

Outside
Took the ol lady out this evening with her new cva.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388891300.445438.jpg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Congratulations to you both! Had Mason out this morning for a short hunt. We saw 8, didn't shoot a thing = great hunt! Going to go with my buddy that I coach baseball with tomorrow. Hope to find Mason and Dean something to shoot at.

Osborn

Got my first deer ever in my life today. Public land in vinton county there were so many truck there I didn't think we had a chance both me and my buddy killed deer, all those people in the woods was like a drive. A heard came running full speed toward me. I yelled and one slowedimage.jpg down about 30 yards in front of me. I yelled again and he stopped turned broadside and looked at me.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Got my first deer ever in my life today. Public land in vinton county there were so many truck there I didn't think we had a chance both me and my buddy killed deer, all those people in the woods was like a drive. A heard came running full speed toward me. I yelled and one slowedView attachment 18859 down about 30 yards in front of me. I yelled again and he stopped turned broadside and looked at me.

Good deal.... Congrats on your first of hopefully many more too come deer....

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Congrats on your first.

We hunted the farm almost got my wife one but she didn't feel comfortable with a moving shot. I got on laying in its bed as we were doing a slow push. All I could see were it's ears and neck behind a blowdown so it got shot in the neck. Then I cut my thumb while showing her how to field dress a deer. The others hunting all saw some but only 2 other shots. I think we saw about 15 deer including at least one six point.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Congrats all! I had five does coming in after legal time...right for my corn pile.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Congrats to Osborn on your first! Great memory there! Congrats to everyone else on their harvests as well!

Taylor, you out kicked your coverage buddy!!! Congrats on that TOO! Rotflmao

bluedog

Congrats to all, but especially Osborn on his first! That is something extra special.

I stepped into the woods at 8 a.m. yesterday morning and shot a nice mature doe 45 minutes later. She had twins with her. Her button buck was the first to come into view and I thought he was going to spook and blow the whole deal, but he didn't. The doe walked toward me. 10 yard shot. We are trying to scale back our farm's population just a bit so my goal was to take a mature doe. Mission accomplished.