Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Deer Feeder

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Would not recommend the American Hunter 225 lol. Other then that my knowledge is limited but I would look into Moultrie if I had it to do over again. If the new feeder goes bad I will turn it into a gravity feeder lol.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Now I am confused lol. I got the feeder home after dumping all the corn out of it and dragging the stupid thing a mile back to the truck. Put the meter on the battery and it was at 6v. I hit the test button after putting the battery back in and the spinner is working just fine and so is the timer. Only thing different was there was no weight of the corn on the spinner plate. Think there might be an issue with the motor not being able to spin the shaft when there is a load on it from the corn being on the spinner plate?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Ice or Temps Maybe?

Might have just been the temp but I know it wasn't ice as I hand spun the thing on more then one trip out there checking on it and it moved just fine and didn't bind or catch anywhere. Temp might have played a roll but I wouldn't think it would have been that bad in the 20's and 30's. Should have still be able to run just fine I would have thought. Kind of silly to have a feeder if you can only run it during the spring-early fall lol.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I had problems with a Moultrie leaking around the plate/motor area and it cause issues. Found it full of water and not working....They replaced that one.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I had problems with a Moultrie leaking around the plate/motor area and it cause issues. Found it full of water and not working....They replaced that one.

I will look it over good today since I don't have any hunting to do and traps have been checked. I will also take the lid off and see if I can do a load test and see if the pressure makes it stop easily.