Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ladder Stands OR Hang-On Tree Stands: Your Thoughts

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
uploadfromtaptalk1387919842661.jpguploadfromtaptalk1387919900118.jpg My ladder stand blended in.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Ladder stands are not as versatile, not as concealable, and IMO they are more difficult to pack in and set up than a hang on. The only time I'd ever buy a ladder stand would be to take a kid or a new hunter deer hunting.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I prefer ladder stands as I have LONG walks to every location. They are less likely to be stolen, safer, and more comfortable.

If I weren't worried about theft it would be 20ft sticks and nice hang-ons....probably M-50's with a foot rest.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Ladder stands are not as versatile, not as concealable, and IMO they are more difficult to pack in and set up than a hang on. The only time I'd ever buy a ladder stand would be to take a kid or a new hunter deer hunting.

Or like me at 70 yrs. old with a bad back, MS, and a heart condition. I use a block and tackle and can install a 2 man 17 ft. ladder stand by myself with no help.
I hunted 8 yrs. out of my ladder stand and had 4 bucks walk past me at 20 yds. Killed my 8 pt. buck at 12 yds. when he turned off the 20 yd. trail and walked straight at me. None of the bucks had a clue I was there and all 4 was down wind to boot.
The ladder stand was up about 3 weeks. I did have a blind full length around the entire stand top and that was only up 2 weeks before use.