Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Late season help

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Took the camera down for the season after this morning's rainy uneventful hunt. I will be back out tonight for one last chance and finally got a good picture of this deer I've been talking about facing the camera. The time is wrong, I bumped the button when I was taking it back off video mode.

Nice looking buck. Knocking him down would be a great way to end your season. Good luck tonight.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Shed season is in full swing for me in a few weeks. I think you might want to get out there and see if you can find his sheds. That would be super cool and extra motivation to tag him next year Joel. Congratulations on finishing the season strong. You should have some mojo coming your way from the deer gods next season. lol

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
It's been fun. He's a smart buck and he taught me a lot. He only slipped up once in the last 8 weeks or so. He came to the corn at 10:30 am when it was -10 out and I was waiting for him at 5:30 when he came back. Broadside shot at 30 yards and somehow I threw the shot. He survived all that and still hung around but never got caught again. All the times he's been on camera never once during the daylight. It'll be fun to try to get pictures of him with velvet and then set up a stand for him during the rut if he's still around next year. If not, there were probably 6 or so other bucks on camera that look like they'll be good next year and a few look exactly like him with the big body and same snout.

I'll be much better prepared next season and will be getting started much earlier in the season. I will have the same two properties to hunt so this probably isn't the last you'll hear about Rudolph. Also there's a lot of does running around here that survived with the half dozen or more bucks on the two properties so should be some good hunting here next season too.