Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tis the Season TOO....

Gordo

Athens County
Do something nice for those property owners who let us use their land to do what we love.

TeeJ's thread about maybe taking cookies/etc. to the land owner he's trying to get a hold of reminded me that I have a good amount of holiday stops to make.

I do different things for different land owners. Some i help through out the year(bush hogging/trail maintenance/etc.), others i hardly ever see.

It doesnt take much. A bottle of wine, a bag of jerky, a card, etc to show them that u really do appreciate it.

No better time to do it then now!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I just sent a $50 gift card for Applebees to the owner of the property where I built my duck blind. Also sent a nice floral spread for his wife.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Your right about a different gift for different land owners. The one man I give a 30 pack of Miller Lite to a couple times each season and the other, since he's not a beer drinker, gets a gift certificate.

runhunter

I have some really good ideas about what to give a landowner, now I just need a landowner to give them to...trying to figure out what to give is one of those good "problems". Will travel from NJ to assist with gift ideas haha...

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Me and my BIL are giving our land owner 2 cases of beer. I'm sure he will ask us to join him. Every time we go over to help him on the property, we end up drinking more beer than getting work done. Works for me.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
A gift card or two in a Christmas card along with some farm help for me where I've been hunting the last three years.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Backed goods and deer meat for most.... I bought a good friend and land owner a carhart jacket one year because his old work coat was full of holes.... That's after I delivered 8 truck loads of firewood too him I spent the summer cutting up for him..... He's since passed and his son gets trail bologna now lol....

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Usually send all of them cards in the mail, then depending on who they are we take them something like venison, if they dont like venison then the wife will bake them something

Huckleberry Finn

Bump for a good idea.

Dropped by my new landowner's house last night to drop off some homemade fudge, they were thrilled to see me.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I gave one of my landowners a big hickory smoked ham, some bacon, and chops from the ol ladys nephews pig we had butchered. Also gave them a thank you card for letting me enjoy their land. I gave it TOO them 2 days before Christmas so they could have the ham for Christmas dinner if they wanted.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Good stuff guys. It's always good to give back to the people that allow us to hunt their property. I'm losing 280 acres after the end of the season, a farm I've hunted for 15+ years. Gonna send them out a nice thank you card and a note, as well as a gift card. Lots of good memories hunting that farm with my father when I was younger.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
All my guys get a combination of Perch, Walleye, and some jerky throughout the year, along with thank you cards. When I worked at my previous job doing Precast concrete work, I used to take a dumptruck of stone out and lay it down in their lanes if they wanted it