Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Good book thread

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The American Sniper is a good read. I enjoy sniper books.
before I had my vision problem 11 yrs. ago I would be reading at least 4 books at the same time on different subjects. But never could get into fiction od sy-fi. After regaining my vision I just never got back into reading as it's a little difficult to read in the evenings. That 3 yrs. of no reading sorta ruined it for me.

Talk about American The Civil War. In 1911 on the 50 yr. anniversary of the Civil war there was a 10 book history written by the people who was in the war. Then in the 1980's the 10 books was reprinted into 5 books. These are great reads with original pictures. Some pictures never seen until the 1st printing.
I picked them up in 2011 and have read all 5 books (10). Total is over 14" high. The good think is I only paid 1.50 each and the shipping was more than the new books. Got them from biblio.com

The Photographic History of the Civil War.

Vol. 1 The Opening Battles--Two Years of Grim war
Vol. 2 The Decisive battles--The Cavalry
Vol. 3 Forts & Artillery--The Navies
Vol. 4 Soldier Life & Secret Service--Prisons & Hospitals
Vol. 5 The Armies & Leaders--Poetry & Eloguence

Great original reads for the History buff. And cheap to.

Update. I checked biblio.com and it looks like all 5 books are available.
Either 3.97 and free shipping.
Or 1.00 and 3.50 shipping.
Either way that's on the cheap. If you would order them just remember there is 5 in the series.

Last edited:

AutoLoader

Its a hell of a book man.

I agree 100%!

I heard an interview with the author one day on my lunch hour. The interview ran into the second hour and I missed the ending to his story. I am not a reader at all, however I ran out that evening and bought Lone Survivor and couldn't put it down.

I passed it on to my teenage son and he put down the game controller long enough to read it cover to cover. That's saying a lot.

Huckleberry Finn

I agree 100%!

I heard an interview with the author one day on my lunch hour. The interview ran into the second hour and I missed the ending to his story. I am not a reader at all, however I ran out that evening and bought Lone Survivor and couldn't put it down.

I passed it on to my teenage son and he put down the game controller long enough to read it cover to cover. That's saying a lot.

Now go see Marky Marky act in on the big screen!

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I only read when traveling an need a new one so I am happy to see this thread. My last 2 that I enjoyed were that have already been mentioned are:

American Sniper
Unbroken

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I got a Kindle paper white for Christmas and a gift card for some books. I'm reading American Sniper now and have Game of Thrones loaded. If resisted getting an ereader but it is a really nice way to read.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Sam I need too check that out as I need one for the upcoming year.... Been wanting too look at them for a while now....