Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

ODNR in trouble again. Ohio Inspector General Report.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
lmao wtf he was all screwed up

BUTLER COUNTY
Joshua Zientek claimed 14 hours regular pay for December 20, 2009. Zientek harvested a deer on December 20, 2009, at 5:35 p.m. in Butler County and checked the deer in at 9:11 a.m. on January 1, 2010.

Ha that's funny

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Maybe he was waiting to check it in on his day off. lmao

HE WAS!!!

lmao

According to Zientek’s unit history log, he harvested a deer while on duty. Zientek did not check his deer until January 1, 2010 and used eight hours holiday leave that day.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
HE WAS!!!

lmao

According to Zientek’s unit history log, he harvested a deer while on duty. Zientek did not check his deer until January 1, 2010 and used eight hours holiday leave that day.

Jesus he is even a bad cheater..

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
HE WAS!!!

lmao

At least he waited for his day off and took holiday pay for doing it lmao. Must be harder for them to tag in a deer then it is for the regular hunting community lol.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
They should check internet records, see how many employees were visiting TOO and the other site while on the clock :smiley_chinrub:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
They should check internet records, see how many employees were visiting TOO and the other site while on the clock :smiley_chinrub:

They do..

From another IG investigation of a DNR park official.

http://watchdog.ohio.gov/Portals/0/pdf/investigations/2012-CA00107.pdf

In addition, a search of the hard drives for Internet history revealed that Dobney accessed “Banners on the Parkway ,” other sports sites , and non -work related sites on 84 different occasions from August 2011 through October 2012. These Internet hits do not quantify the amount of time spent on the site, just that the site was accessed. Additionally, Dobney posted a response on his “Banners on the Parkway” blog on November 1, 2012 , at 9:01 a.m., just prior to the Office of the Ohio Inspector General’s seizure of the computer at 11:30 a.m. at Wingfoot State Park.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
lmao wtf he was all screwed up

BUTLER COUNTY
Joshua Zientek claimed 14 hours regular pay for December 20, 2009. Zientek harvested a deer on December 20, 2009, at 5:35 p.m. in Butler County and checked the deer in at 9:11 a.m. on January 1, 2010.

He's not our regular GW. Must have been a assistant or trainee.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
J click on the link. Go to page 7 of the report and see our favorite WO was down in Columbiana county screwing around.

Couldn't see it on the phone had too read it from the PC...... Old Dave up too his BS again.......... Did he retire or move on from his County?

He and I had an issue back in the day and I lost back then..... Looks like he's in more hot water then I ever was...... Friggin ass......

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Couldn't see it on the phone had too read it from the PC...... Old Dave up too his BS again.......... Did he retire or move on from his County?

He and I had an issue back in the day and I lost back then..... Looks like he's in more hot water then I ever was...... Friggin ass......

He was promoted to (not sure of the proper title) district supervisor covering several counties. He's since retired. It says he checked those deer while on the clock. If he wasn't the king of chicken poop tickets I might be inclined to say this isn't a big deal but what goes around comes around so I say let him have it.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
He was promoted to (not sure of the proper title) district supervisor covering several counties. He's since retired. It says he checked those deer while on the clock. If he wasn't the king of chicken poop tickets I might be inclined to say this isn't a big deal but what goes around comes around so I say let him have it.

Yep, I was glad too not see Scott wrapped up in all of this...... He always seemed like a good guy....

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Ha! Dang. Looks like Highland and Fayette both may be in trouble. No wonder I can't get them to call me back.

I called Fayette county wildlife officer to see if he would work at one of the youth events that we were having. He didn't answer and I left a detailed message. He didn't call me back until over 2 weeks later, and by that time we had found someone else. The amazing thing is last week I was standing beside my buddy, who hunts with the WO, and he called him about something hunting related. The WO officer answered his hunting related call within 3 rings.

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
F'ing scumbags.... Remember its all garbage... typical government workers. Not all bad, but my government experience has taught me that more are bad then good. just sucks..

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Seth, the guy associate with Fayette was not John it seems. I have a heck of a hard time getting him to answer his phone too.

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Yeah John is not in on this investigation, but he was the one I was talking about. Maybe invite him hunting and he will answer?? Who knows? I give up. He never called me back about getting a tag for a found dead deer either. That leaves me to believe he don't care and I can just take it without a tag.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wonder how many were hunting on the clock but simply didn't tag a deer? As in, no shots available. Hard to quantitate those hours stolen from the tax payers.