Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dove back in sunday!!!!

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
There are a lot of doves around right now!!! Hoping the snow this weekend dosen't push them out. I wont go out just for them but at least you can shoot them while rabbit hunting!!!

teej89

NE PA
wait dove comes back in?! My mind is blown..... In PA it doesn't come back in. Oh man I gotta find me some spots, I'm with brock on the christmas appetizers.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Just got home from rabbit hunting and only seen one but i could have killed a few doves!!! Man they are big this time of year!!! I like to just dust them with drakes and drop them in the fry daddy then a little salt and pepper!!!!

teej89

NE PA
Where are you guys hunting them this time of year? Not like what spots but what are you looking for in your locations, gravel roads I'm assuming, but what kinda fields and unfrozen ponds?

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Seems like the cut corn next to the roads are good!!! They get there food and grit and maybe water. Its more like jump shooting them now. Have seen some nice gangs of them heading to town TOO roost but after the legal shooting time.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
The heavy snow pushed them out here the day before they came back in. I have only shot one since. With the big melt now maybe they will move back in before they go out of season. I'm good to go though as i have the ones that i got in september still so some good eating still TOO be had!!!