Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Veteran Hunting opportunity for Jan 3-5

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Comfort hasn't been a problem so far this year. As long as Im warm, Im good to go. I got a new pair of Muck Arctic Ranger boots for Xmas from Bass Pro. Love them. I wore regular socks in 30 degree weather and didn't need hand warmers in my boots. They work great, so Im good in that department.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
He doesn't have running water in the cabin Ill be staying in, something tells me there isn't a heater in the blind. Ill be taking my own chair just in case.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good luck and stay warm. Walmart has small heaters that burn about 14 hrs. on a 1 lb. tank. That's what I use.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
If you shoot a buck I would see if he has a quad or side by side TOO haul it out on. The antlers are pretty fragile this time of year.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
If you shoot a buck I would see if he has a quad or side by side TOO haul it out on. The antlers are pretty fragile this time of year.

Wonder if you could tie a stick in between the antlers too help stable them during transport???? Beef them up a little....

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Thanks yall. I hope he has a quad too, If not Ill just have to take my Ram out there to pick the deer up. With injuries sustained in Iraq, its hard for me to drag a deer like that. Im sure we will make it work though. Im getting really excited for this. Ive been checking the weather, should be just right.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Ok I made it to hunt haven. Great piece of land. Right now I'm in the box blind. It's not very compound bow friendly but it's hunting. I'll take it. The automatic feeder just went off, but I won't be able to shoot towards it. Travis, the owner, poured a pile of corn for bait about twenty yards away. I'll update further later on.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Ok I made it to hunt haven. Great piece of land. Right now I'm in the box blind. It's not very compound bow friendly but it's hunting. I'll take it. The automatic feeder just went off, but I won't be able to shoot towards it. Travis, the owner, poured a pile of corn for bait about twenty yards away. I'll update further later on.

Good luck Dustin......

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

With the temps dropping and the snow coming they should move in. From now till the end of legal hours will be prime.