Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Veteran Hunting opportunity for Jan 3-5

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Hello and welcome to TOO texassmoker. I want to say thanks for offering up such a opportunity to any of the members here that are veterans. What part of the state is the ranch in if you don't mind me asking.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I want to also thank you for offering this great opportunity to any veteran. That's pretty awesome of you! Welcome to TOO!

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
I was a 13M. Like woody, I was also a lead gun truck gunner on convoy support in Iraq both of my tours. Loved it. Would do it again if I could.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Thanks for your service as well Dustin! If you guys ever feel like telling me some stories about your tours I'd love TOO hear some. PM me if you guys feel like it.

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Well I talked to Travis Hunt today from Hunt Havens, which is where the hunt will take place. I have to call him tomorrow to go over the details and stuff but from what I saw from the website it should be a good time! Its 45 Miles west of Pittsburg, 40 minutes north of Cabellas in WV and 2 hrs west of Colombus in the Bloomingdale/ Steubenville area. Anyone close to that area that can give me a heads up as to the terrain and what to expect?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Put the 50 lb pack back on and find an office building and start climbing them stairs Chris..... That'll get you ready for them hills lol.....

I'm thinking their terrain won't be too bad and if it is they've got it mastered by now....

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Hey yall

I'm glad that my first post on here will be offering a hunt for a veteran.

we are http://www.bandedbrigadeoutdoors.org and we have a whitetail Buck hunt for a deserving vet at a ranch in Ohio for the weekend of Jan 3-5. The first deserving vet to pm me will get this great opportunity!:pickle:

Can I ask how you landed here and moreso, why us? Just curious as this was a huge gesture to essentially drop out of thin air. I'm very grateful you shared this with Chris as I know him to be a very deserving vet and hunter. It's a great thing you're doing.