Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How's this for evidence?

Gordo

Athens County
Yeah. Its hard to wrap my head around the amount of poaching thats going on, especially when it comes to those rare bucks that could be entered into a book. Makes my stomach turn.

Out of all 140+ bucks killed in ohio a year, what percent does everyone think are legitimate?

Id say for every one that is harvested legally, there are two that are poached. Blatantly poached.

I hope i am way off. Just my thoughts.

Kind of a thread hijack. Just a bit of a rant. Probably should have started another thread.

I just know some folks are guilty as shit but have nothing to back it up.

Just makes me sick. But what can ya do?

oakswamper

around Toledo
Gary Stevens was balls to the wall all the time!!! I think that sumbitch slept in the marsh!!! Got checked every time going out or coming in or while we were out in the marsh. He lightened up towards the end and was always fun to talk TOO. That guy put more miles on his waders than he put in his truck LOL!!!!

HaHa, you are right, the first time I met him I was coon huntin and my dog treed a coon right by an old womans house and she called him, after he told her what was goin on she was cool with it, so I went to leave and she yelled at me and asked why I didn't kill the coon lol. After that he drank a lot of beers with me when he figured out we only lived a mile apart.

He was tough but fair IMO

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
LOL!!! Sounds like him. Once in the middle of lttle cedar point marsh (before maumee bay park) he finds me sitting on a muskrat hut in the middle of the marsh and asks me if i just shot a crane. I'm like a crane? and he says yeah a big long legged bird. I say yeah i know wtf a crane is and i haven't even heard a shot. Well somebody around here just did he says and off he goes through the cattails on a mission to find them LOL!!!!. Marty Baer in wood county was another good one. Cant even tell you who the wardens in these countys are now with out looking at the book.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We had two world glass assholes in a row, and now Mr. MIA. He doesn't return phone calls and seems to care less about poaching. This year is the first time I have seen a WO during gun season in 6-7 years and it was Sunday afternoon at lunch driving down the road. There is absolutely NO law enforcement presence in this county. If we kill 100 deer legally in this county, I bet another 50 are killed illegally and/or not checked in.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
We had two world glass assholes in a row, and now Mr. MIA. He doesn't return phone calls and seems to care less about poaching. This year is the first time I have seen a WO during gun season in 6-7 years and it was Sunday afternoon at lunch driving down the road. There is absolutely NO law enforcement presence in this county. If we kill 100 deer legally in this county, I bet another 50 are killed illegally and/or not checked in.

Noble county is just as bad. He did give the Amish guy a ticket for not unloading his muzzy as he walked down the road. The 1000s rutters that run up and down the road drinking beer with loaded guns get a pass tho!