Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How's this for evidence?

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
My nephew has a guy who just won't stop trespassing. The guy used to have permission to hunt but wore out his welcome by using my nephews stands and hunting drunk. Any way Sunday my nephew finds a blood trail, follows it to a gut pile. He then follows it back the other way and finds a tree with a slug and deer hair in it. Game warden comes out yesterday and takes samples for DNA testing. He GPS's the gut pile and the tree with the slug and estimates the deer was shot nearly 100 yards from the property line. To top it off my nephew has trail camera pics of the guy bowhunting in Nov. in the farm.

Next step is to DNA test deer the guy checked in on Saturday. If it's a match the guy should have a hefty fine.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Heck yea!!! Hope its one expensive deer for the drunk. Its a different world out there now when it comes to hunting. People have NO respect and NEED to be taught a lesson!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am with Gordo. Sounds pretty high tech for the WO. Good for him for having these capabilities. Hope they nail him.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Nice to hear, we haven't had a good warden in Lucas county since Gary Stevens retired. This kid we got now is a putz

Gary Stevens was balls to the wall all the time!!! I think that sumbitch slept in the marsh!!! Got checked every time going out or coming in or while we were out in the marsh. He lightened up towards the end and was always fun to talk TOO. That guy put more miles on his waders than he put in his truck LOL!!!!

Flatlander

Darby Creek
That's pretty amazing really. Heck I couldn't even get our local sheriff department to take fingerprints off my truck when I had over $10,000 worth of tools stolen. You would think the photos of the guy trespassing would be evidence enough but it is nice to see the WO doing the work to put it all together. Hope this stops your nephews frustration with the bum.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm surprised at the effort too, and glad to hear someone is doing the work as it should be. I've all but handed jacklighters to our WO on two occasions, and he's done NOTHING both times. Good to see there are still some good ones out there.