Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Looking for 2014 Ohio lease

DXT

I am looking for a lease for 2-3 people in Ohio. I've hunted public land in southern ohio for last 5 years and am ready to get into a lease. Any info on how to obtain one or leads to persons looking to lease would be greatly appreciated. Would like to meet and talk with the leaser in person so it's more personable.
Please pm me and I'll send you my contact info.

Thank you for any info or leads

Barry

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Here's a good one... lmao

60 acres for 2 hunters. $1,500 a year.

Coshocton-County-Ohio-Hunting-Lease-1487.jpg

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Here's a good one... lmao

60 acres for 2 hunters. $1,500 a year.

View attachment 18301

There's a farm that butts up against our woods that kinda looks like that. Assholes from new York lease it and put their stands all around the property line cause there's no woods on their land. I found one of their stands last fall on our land and kindly moved it to my buddies farm.

teej89

NE PA
it's ridiculous what their rates are, 250 acres $5000 and you can't hunt in the blue box during gun season cuz the owner hunts it lol Licking-County-Ohio-Hunting-Lease--.jpg

sorry not to jack the thread just saying there's a lot of over priced properties out there

Last edited:

DXT

I know what you mean. This is going to be a hard venture. When I found the public land I've been hunting it took me a few years to get a decent place. I figure if I start now at least be next season I possible can find a decent place. If not I'll have a big jump on 2015. I know if I apply myself and through hard work it will happen.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Your best bet will not to look online. Most of those idiots think they're going to get rich. Your best bet will be to knock on doors and find a farmer who says no but it's barely a no. Then sweeten the pot with like $1000. Two things you need to look out for. If you are up in the flats. Within a mile or two of the property there is a sanctuary. This could be an old factory, a nature preserve, old gravel pit, etc. The property should have a running creek that doesn't dry up in the summer. This is not only important for water but for some stupid reason dear love properties with creeks, they run miles up and down creeks. And the last thing make sure you're not surrounded by bunch of idiots. If all your surrounding property owners are Amish forget about it. This week is a great time to scout new properties. You see trucks in areas where you haven't seen trucks all year. This tells me that nobody bowhunts the place and the landowners are not opposed the hunting. Good luck in your search.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
X2 on the Amish part. Those bastards are everywhere around here. If the ODNR wants the herd thinned that bad just hire a flock of Amish.

DXT

Ttt
Still looking for a SE Ohio lease. Have looked at a few properties and talked to a a few property owners but had no luck getting a lease.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
My buddy and I have been looking at Ohio leases for three years. It's a tough road unless you are willing to pay big bucks. My biggest worry about leasing would be the trespassers. Once the neighbors realize you are not around all the time they'll be right in there. That's more of a concern for me since I live 14 hours from where I hunt but still a concern none the less.

DXT

Locating a lease is has not been going very well. Going to go door to door next month with my buddy hoping to get a few leads.

Diablo54

Outside
Locating a lease is has not been going very well. Going to go door to door next month with my buddy hoping to get a few leads.

I know of a hell of a lease down here. It just came back up this year. Foodplots and all. History of giants.

BSBailey

I have to say with the hours I work etc I just don't have a ton of time to devote to searching for the perfect lease. I am not looking to spend a ton of cash but I am looking for somewhere to get my 16 year old daughter out without having 18 stupid people(It happened a lot at deer creek last year) walk in on us. I am looking to spend between $500 and $1500 not much more. Anyone got any ideas for me?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have to say with the hours I work etc I just don't have a ton of time to devote to searching for the perfect lease. I am not looking to spend a ton of cash but I am looking for somewhere to get my 16 year old daughter out without having 18 stupid people(It happened a lot at deer creek last year) walk in on us. I am looking to spend between $500 and $1500 not much more. Anyone got any ideas for me?

Hate to burst your bubble. Hate to make a new member feel unwelcome. From the outside looking in though, not much time, and limiting your options between $500-1500 might be tough. Never really priced a lease. Work a ton of hours myself. I simply make it a priority to get after it and ask as many people as I can for permission. Not knowing your area, I realize this might not be a reality. I wish you luck. Welcome to TOO.