Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Looking for 2014 Ohio lease

BSBailey

Hate to burst your bubble. Hate to make a new member feel unwelcome. From the outside looking in though, not much time, and limiting your options between $500-1500 might be tough. Never really priced a lease. Work a ton of hours myself. I simply make it a priority to get after it and ask as many people as I can for permission. Not knowing your area, I realize this might not be a reality. I wish you luck. Welcome to TOO.

I realize it might be a challenge and maybe flat impossible for me really. But living in Columbus and working in Bexley with the hours I work makes it extremely hard to look for something the normal way. Because it is just me and my daughter we don't need a large piece of land. Just 10-50 acres with some deer activity.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good luck. Make yourself at home here. Plenty of info. Might just find a new place to hunt with less traffic. You never know. I do know there are good people on here. Wasn't trying to be negative by any means. Sorry if it sounded that way.

BSBailey

You are good by all means. Just keeping it real lol. I just have a hard time trusting other hunters on public land when they seem clueless lol. I know the major push will be late season and during gun season. If I have to hit public land I was thinking either zanesville area or down south.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Are you looking for bow hunting land or a place to gun hunt, or both? How far are you willing to travel? Being centrally located, you have a large amount of possibilities within a reasonable distance.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
You are good by all means. Just keeping it real lol. I just have a hard time trusting other hunters on public land when they seem clueless lol. I know the major push will be late season and during gun season. If I have to hit public land I was thinking either zanesville area or down south.

There's tons of public land in the Zanesville area. I've been going there from NH for 3 years and headed there again this year. I've hunted a few spots where I didn't see another hunter in the woods for days at a time.

BSBailey

There's tons of public land in the Zanesville area. I've been going there from NH for 3 years and headed there again this year. I've hunted a few spots where I didn't see another hunter in the woods for days at a time.

Can you PM me with the general area. I checked out their a few times last year and always seem to run into people. I say PM because I don't want everyone on the site to know.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Can you PM me with the general area. I checked out their a few times last year and always seem to run into people. I say PM because I don't want everyone on the site to know.

I understand you don't want the info out there but all you need to do is go the DNR website and look up public land in that area. A few places that come to mind are Tri-Valley, Dillion and Woodbury. Lots of acres there so you'll have to do some leg work to find some spots but it can be done.

BSBailey

Thanks for the advice. I managed to find some land now I just need to find a few additional hunters because its out of my price range