Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Happy again

oakswamper

around Toledo
My buddy Donnie killed his first deer from the same stand as my nephew and my buddy's daughter.

The only thing different is Donnie has Aspergers, I don't know what it is, but you can't tell by talkin to him that anything is wrong ( he can't read or write or know his own cell number) but he works his ass off for me and he loves huntin. He has had his huntin license since 1975 they had a hunter safety course at Northview high school back then.

I asked him if he wanted to deer hunt last week (he has only small game hunted and he is 57) he said yea so my wife got his tags online. He is a little guy so I had him shoot my 20 gauge and he was ready to go. (I was 100 yds away from him and could see everything he was doing) He killed a yearling and was worried I'd be mad cause I give my other buddies hell lol

I have never seen a guy so happy he yelled at the top of his lungs "Carl I got a deer"

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
That is FANTASTIC! Donnie, that is a nice deer and will be nice and tender! You and Carl are both lucky to have each other around. That right there is one of the Biggest Deer I've Seen All Year! Congrats Donnie on your first of many!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
That really warms my heart. A huge congrats to Donnie. You go man!! This is what hunting should be about right here!!

I second that! That's the kind of story I like to read about! Tell Donnie that a lot of here killed yearlings for our first deer, myself included. Kind of a right of passage in my mind that a "newborn" hunter should kill a "newborn" deer. They make great memories all the same!!! Congrats to you both. Well done fellas!!! :smiley_clap:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Outstanding! Way to go Donnie! Congratulations. Very good of you to help get a friend in the woods Carl.

HuntingAgain

Congratulations Donnie on getting your first deer!! It is a dandy for sure. Now that you got that first one we will all look forward to seeing you every season when you get your deer.