Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Warmbag

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
I only tried it once with the climber which was years ago. My climber is the Equalizer. On another note, I have used my boot blankets as well while in the climber & that wasn't too good of an idea either. Too noisy & bulky when moving your feet.

So after reading this and since I mostly use climbers I decided a bag like the HBS does not sound like it's best for me. I found this on sale at Cabelas so I ordered one.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Stand-Hunter-Extreme-Insulated-Coveralls/753783.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dcoveralls%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=coveralls&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

They have a good return policy if I don't like it. I do like that it has a built in bag to pack it and transport it to your stand. It will be here next week so I should have a few cold days to try it out before our deer season ends on 12/15. I'll let you know my thoughts.

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
So after reading this and since I mostly use climbers I decided a bag like the HBS does not sound like it's best for me. I found this on sale at Cabelas so I ordered one.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Stand-Hunter-Extreme-Insulated-Coveralls/753783.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dcoveralls%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=coveralls&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

They have a good return policy if I don't like it. I do like that it has a built in bag to pack it and transport it to your stand. It will be here next week so I should have a few cold days to try it out before our deer season ends on 12/15. I'll let you know my thoughts.

I have work that takes me near a Cabelas tomorrow. Hoping to slip over that way at lunch to check these bad boys out...

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
I got the suit yesterday and am sitting in my blind with it on now. Temps are in the teens and its going to get colder tomorrow. Im going to put this coverall to the test the next few days. I'll post a review of it in the product reviews thread after the weekend.

Shoulder Blade

The cabelas looks legit. 17 reviews most extremely positive. Sizing seemed to be a big question.

I like the suit, I just don't know how large to go in order to layer sufficiently.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
The cabelas looks legit. 17 reviews most extremely positive. Sizing seemed to be a big question.

I like the suit, I just don't know how large to go in order to layer sufficiently.

I normally wear an XL but ordered a 2XL. Glad I did. Fits just right. As far as layering I honestly don't think much is required. This thing is WARM!

Shoulder Blade

I was at bass pro yesterday hoping to find something similar. I told the guy I was looking for something to keep me warm "during an all day sit in: your balls will freeze off, UP or Saskatchewan winter".

He showed me some items and didn't think they would work.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I was at bass pro yesterday hoping to find something similar. I told the guy I was looking for something to keep me warm "during an all day sit in: your balls will freeze off, UP or Saskatchewan winter".

He showed me some items and didn't think they would work.

I'm not sure anything will work in the dead of winter in Saskatchewan without a heater.
My 1st cousin wife died couple years ago in the dead of winter in the middle of Saskatchewan. He said they couldn't bury her then. They put her in cold storage and bury after the spring thaw.
Damn that's cold.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I looked at the cabelas suit yesterday and thought about it. So today I decided to order a 2XL it's soldout and full price on a backorder. damn.