Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

So, how would you fix it?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I was told by our local WO this program was done away with simply because it was such a failed idea. The example you listed is the exact reason. Truthfully? I thought it sounded good on paper. The reality is we all found our responses worked out like yours. I signed up and contacted a couple and I also received "No's". I guess it is silly to offer it if none of the farmers who put their name on the paper were going to allow hunters anyway.

It was a good idea and a way to gain access to locked up ground that obviously had a deer overpopulation since they was damaging the crops bad enough to need damage permits. The only reason it failed is because the property owners/DNR allowed it to fail. The DNR allowed the landowner to have an out and they all took the out. Kind of like the Grinch that stole Christmas if you ask me. Great gift but was stolen and used before you ever got to open it. With a gift of permits in hand why would they keep the door open. Slam that sucker and play with the toy and not allow the guy on the other side of the door to play. Kind of BS if you ask me.