Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Thoughts on score?

k.stone

central Ohio
Anyone have an idea what this buck might score?
Thanks.

PICT0781.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Gross or net?

Just kidding. I suck at this game. Nice deer though. Ric will have a good idea on score I believe. I would say 135-140. P&Y net. Might tap low 140's gross. Long main beams but the mass is tough to get right in my opinion and it plays a big factor in net score for 8pts.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
IMO, not a good scoring deer for the size of his rack. Most definite mature buck though. I would shoot him all day long and be very satisfied. He has a couple abs on him which will influence the score, but he is a 140 class buck in my opinion. Hope you get a crack at him. Good luck!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
That deer has 140" of gross bone on his head IMO, but not a whole lot more. And he's the poster buck for "Nets are for Fish". I'd shoot him all day long!

k.stone

central Ohio
Ya he's looking a little rough. Where did he hit him at?
He thought he hit him back "a little" so we waited till next morning to look for him. Tracked him to 2 places where he layed down and had decent blood to the last bed then it stopped. Found him about 200 yards in a different direction of where he seemed to be heading.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Glad you guys found him! Great looking buck! Those abs added on puts him near 150" but hard to estimate with just a pic. Congrats to your brother.

After re-examining him I agree with the others that he's more closer to 140 though.

Last edited: