Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Potential World Record Typical......

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Not all bucks move that far and getting information from pictures is pretty easy if you know what you are doing. So by all means Corey, keep posting pictures of your big deer as we all enjoy seeing. Just know that there are people out there who can and will move in on you and your deer. It's happened before thanks to the internet and it'll happen again. I hate to see people be that naive about what information can be garnered from pictures and how low people are willing to go when it comes to deer.

Hey JD, where you at on this one? lmao

themedic

OHIO
Not all bucks move that far and getting information from pictures is pretty easy if you know what you are doing. So by all means Corey, keep posting pictures of your big deer as we all enjoy seeing. Just know that there are people out there who can and will move in on you and your deer. It's happened before thanks to the internet and it'll happen again. I hate to see people be that naive about what information can be garnered from pictures and how low people are willing to go when it comes to deer.

Hey JD, where you at on this one? lmao

I would prefer to share my pics then keep them to myself. If I was worried about other people shooting "my deer" I wouldnt run a guide service and invite others to hunt my farms.

The other factor I ponder is simply gaining access. Hard enough when I live here, even when you're talking dollars. To each their own I guess.

Jesse, you keep posting dink bucks, we all enjoy seeing those aswell.

Kaiser878

ohio
You're also making money advertising "your" deer.
Some of us don't have the properties others do and need to keep some info on the down low.

To say he's making money is a stretch. He's a long way from making money when u figure in cost of food plots, corn and most important the cost of the land

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I would prefer to share my pics then keep them to myself. If I was worried about other people shooting "my deer" I wouldnt run a guide service and invite others to hunt my farms.

The other factor I ponder is simply gaining access. Hard enough when I live here, even when you're talking dollars. To each their own I guess.

Jesse, you keep posting dink bucks, we all enjoy seeing those aswell.

Corey, I think you misread Jesse's note as it wasn't an attack IMO. I believe all he was saying is there are folks on here who have been pinpointed off pics posted online. People have had land leased out from under them from posting online.

themedic

OHIO
Corey, I think you misread Jesse's note as it wasn't an attack IMO. I believe all he was saying is there are folks on here who have been pinpointed off pics posted online. People have had land leased out from under them from posting online.

I do take a little offence to being called naive.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Guilty conscience? I didn't say you were naive specifically, just a blanket statement.

Keep it classy bud. We can't all buy our way to big deer...

Huckleberry Finn

How you figure? I hunt multiple farms 30 minutes from my house. Thats a 1 hour circle...so 80 mile? I also have a farm in Newark...thats 45 minutes

How many acres is that?????

Purty easy to look up someone's address and then follow their truck around.

Hell I drive the only car of its type in this county...I bet people know where I hunt...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Jesse is right though. Be careful what you share. Most bucks are ok. But there are a few even I play close to the chest with only select friends. Who would have ever thought JD would see Lee and Tiffany bebopping around the neighboring property's cut corn field. It happens. Remember a couple years ago coonie posted a riddle about his families property in southern ohio? Said if anyone figure it out they could have permission to hunt it. It was something dang near impossible. But I looked back through his thousands of posts and found one where he mentioned a little church down the road. Then he mentioned in another post the county. Then In another post a tower of sorts. I spent an hour reading old posts. And 30 min on the county auditors site and nailed that property first guess when I PMd him. He was floored. A 1000 piece puzzle can still be put together if you can find all the pieces. Even if they are spread out over 20,000 posts.

epe

Lancaster
I can see both sides of this on most deer. But a deer that size, I could see someone poaching that deer at night, without permission. Which takes out most of the main arguments. Someone wants to find something out bad enough, they will..

themedic

OHIO
I agree epe,

I guess I would never share a buck that was big enough to cause a stir and I thought could be figured out. Also, If you are a guy that only hunts one property, which you own....then you better be careful.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Jesse is right though. Be careful what you share. Most bucks are ok. But there are a few even I play close to the chest with only select friends. Who would have ever thought JD would see Lee and Tiffany bebopping around the neighboring property's cut corn field. It happens. Remember a couple years ago coonie posted a riddle about his families property in southern ohio? Said if anyone figure it out they could have permission to hunt it. It was something dang near impossible. But I looked back through his thousands of posts and found one where he mentioned a little church down the road. Then he mentioned in another post the county. Then In another post a tower of sorts. I spent an hour reading old posts. And 30 min on the county auditors site and nailed that property first guess when I PMd him. He was floored. A 1000 piece puzzle can still be put together if you can find all the pieces. Even if they are spread out over 20,000 posts.

See, it's possible. And with a buck like that I guarantee there are people trying to figure out where he lives right now.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Just look at the check writers and questionable people we know about. They will go to any length to have a 200'+ deer.

My wife could have skip traced OBL if he owed us $. Getting info is easier than most think in todays world. Just gotta be sleazy enough to get it (if for nefarious reasons). Loose lips and all.....1,000 fold with the internet.