Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Looking for new arrows. Suggestions?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I believe that a more expensive arrow could very well have an affect on your ability to make a better shot, which in turn could make you a better bowhunter, to an extent. You're only as good as YOU are. Buying good quality products helps to make you a better shot, of this I'm sure. I'm not saying to go out and buy the most expensive arrow on the market but buy what you shoot the best. I think why you asked the question to begin with was for the same reason many threads get started on here, to get numerous opinions and try to avoid the trial and error method that people have experienced before. That's the best thing about this site, members will always help you the most that they can. Good luck in finding that perfect arrow for you and if it makes any difference I shoot the Easton Axis arrows TOO and they hit like a sledgehammer. They shoot great, penetrate like crazy, and you can get them in 2 days from any big outdoor store like Cabelas, Gander Mountain,Bass Pro or the like, just not Wal Mart.

Well said sir.

Archery like many things in life embodies the old saying: "You get what you pay for."

bds9

Mason
Have never had a problem with eastons. I shoot the flatlines right now but have shot quite a few other eastons in the past.

themedic

OHIO
Ive shot enough arrows (and some expensive ones when I had disposable income) and learned that even when you buy 12 good quality, expensive arrows that some just will not fly good with a broadhead. So now I choose to buy cheaper arrows but always ensure they shoot like a dart.....every time! My input to this post was just to inform people that you don't always have to buy expensive equipment. These Walmart arrows are strong and shoot great.

I would suggest these:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Realtree-29-Carbon-Arrow-50-to-75lbs/17043398
Been shooting them for about 5 years and they have worked great. IMO no need pt spend a bunch of money. Pic up 6, shoot them all with your broad heads and pick the best flying 3 and label them as your best shooting arrows.
Why not buy a decent shaft from a arrow retailer that knows his or her shit,and have them spine indexed an spine matched/sorted both end squared an insert squared?..This will help having arrows that don't want to group..If they don't group then it ain't the shafts fault..Why spend money on arrows that are going to get culled out?

what are you paying,5$ per arrow?..You could pay 8$ a arrow an not be wasting any arrows that won't group well..I would prefer the latter but to each his/her own
Or you could buy American made arrows. Matter of choice, the great thing about archery...

Your flatlines are not made in America..

Last edited:

nis1

Easton full metal jackets. Expensive as all heck but the most accurate and most durable arrows on the market in my opinion.

Treed

Stark County
I shoot Gold Tip Pro Hunter 7595s out of my Hoyt. Love 'em, wouldn't trade them in for anything........although the Easton Injections look pretty mean but I believe they're only deep six.

I have the Carbon Express Red's and absolutely love them. When comparing them to the Victory arrows I have been shooting they stabilize way faster and bury deeper into my Block target. To each their own but I like 'em! The Victory arrows I have I'll save for the 3D range and stump shooting but the Reds will be in my quiver for a while.

Kaiser878

ohio
I'm an easton shooter.

I've shot flatlines, lightspeeds and axis arrows. And a variety of other brands.

I now hunt with easton axis arrows. Hands down the strongest carbon arrow on the market.

In my target bow I shoot easton fat boys....but I so some work on them to lighten them up

Flatlander

Darby Creek
I shoot Easton ACC's and consider them to be the most durable and consistent shafts made. I have considered trying FMJ's figuring they would be similar to ACC's with the aluminum carbon combination but I thought having the aluminum on the exterior of the shaft would allow more dings and dents that would bounce off of the carbon when on the exterior like on the ACC's. I hear those FMJ's have awesome penetration though.