Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mass Daddy-The Story

Griz

NH
The story, the pics, the sheds, and a big buck down. I felt all of it, thanks for sharing. And of course Congrats.

Diablo54

Outside
I've read this 3 times now. Great write up and awesome deer. My dad read it before me and told me I ha to see it. He said buckslayers got it going on.

Way to stick it out!

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
My buck officially scores 156 6/8 gross, 149 3/8 non typ, and 114 5/8 typical...doesnt make any books. 17 inches of abnormal and 7 inches side to side deductions.

DeadOn

I just read your story. Excellently put together and a great record and history of this buck. Very enjoyable to read. Congratulations on another nice buck. I'm certain you will have many more in your future.

And regarding books or whatnot...an inch equals an inch. Awesome 156 inch deer for sure. Great job.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My buck officially scores 156 6/8 gross, 149 3/8 non typ, and 114 5/8 typical...doesnt make any books. 17 inches of abnormal and 7 inches side to side deductions.

Seth, do you have a copy of your score sheet and if so, would you post it? I agree with the others, regardless what he scores that hoss is a buck of a lifetime! I just can't believe that he only nets 114" as a typical!!!

Did you have an official scorer measure him? It's not official till the 60 drying period anyway but I still don't know how the scorer came up with the net of only 114", unless its a typo!

Are you saying his typical gross score was around 138"? Sorry Seth but I'm just trying to figure out how such a massive pig of a buck like this only nets 114"!

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Haha, I think your right Gordo! Just look at it!!!!
Seth, there's no way that that deer only nets 114", although mass is a measurement of beauty and friggin character., but other than the 8 circumference measurements, all else is non scorable. All the same he is a massive brute of a deer!

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
Haha, I think your right Gordo! Just look at it!!!!
Seth, there's no way that that deer only nets 114", although mass is a measurement of beauty and friggin character., but other than the 8 circumference measurements, all else is non scorable. All the same he is a massive brute of a deer!

Official p&y, b&c, BBBC scorer- Gross 156 6/8, Net Non-typ 149 3/8, Net typ 114 5/8
Gross typical score-139 3/85 minus side to side difference of 7 3/8 = 132 minus 17 3/8 nontypical inches = 114 5/8 typical
So P&Y is 125 typical, didnt hit that, I believe 155 Non Typical and didnt hit that.

Ill just post up the score sheet haha