Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Where to get treestand replacement parts?

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I would have to agree that I would not trust those copper lugs.

1. Copper is a much softer metal than steel. Therefore would be more subject to wearing and obtaining weak spots.
2. I would like to see the cable penetrate all the way through the clamp so that it is pinched around the cable instead of just on the end. I can see using those copper lugs ending in a very bad way.

If I recall the ends on my stands look like they are open so that you can lay the cable in the clamp and then they get smashed down around the cable from both sides. I would venture to say that this is done by a factory machine that can put much more force on the clamping process than we cam ourselves. If at all possible to get your hands on factory replacement parts I would do it. Probably well worth it in the long run.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Here is a link to something I found at Harbor Freight today. I thought this might be a good replacement for those eyelets that the cables connect to.

http://www.harborfreight.com/threaded-eye-terminal-for-4mm-wire-96900.html

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Damn. I know exactly what is needed but I can't find or remember what they are called. When I go to the hardware store I will grab one and take a pic.

Beentown

CdBurner

Saw this on another site. It was a Gorilla king kong stand. What happened is exactly what I'm trying to prevent.