Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How big is this buck?

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
I did not mention in my previous thread about our trip this year that this was the first time I put up a trail cam on public land. I got some pictures of a nice buck (at night of course). Just curious as to what you think this deer would score. I'm not good at scoring deer so I'd be interested to hear your opinions. The second picture is of me standing under the same tree the buck is in the first picture. I'm 6'1" and that branch is 2 inches above my head. My guess is it's a 140-145 deer but like I said I'm not very good at this. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 67

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Wow, that's a gutsy move putting a TC camera on public land. Still a very nice deer! Good luck with him.

Yeah but in the past 2 years I hated being out there blind. It was nice to know a stud like that was in the area. It kept me there. I bought the cheapest model Browning camera and a Python cable lock. I also padlocked the camera door so nobody could steal my SD card. If somebody was going to steal it they were going to have to bring out a pair of bolt cutters or cut down the tree.

Griz

NH
I don't know about the score, but I will say SHOOTER! Great pics. I put out two trail camera's also but only got pics of myself. Everytime you think about that 14 hr dirve, just look at that picture.

teej89

NE PA
ah shoot AJ I know exactly where ya are hunting now lol no I'm just playing but hell of a buck. I'm headed back to that property this weekend to get redemption on the buck I had a run in with my last day. Hopefully there's not a lot of youth pressure.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
ah shoot AJ I know exactly where ya are hunting now lol no I'm just playing but hell of a buck. I'm headed back to that property this weekend to get redemption on the buck I had a run in with my last day. Hopefully there's not a lot of youth pressure.

Good Luck Teej. Knock down a corker!

toke2

In my expert opinion, to the question " How big is this buck " - I would have to say based on his mass, neck size, spine "posture", brow tine angles, main beam configurations, and also his apparent weight, height and body mass..... I am very confident in estimating this buck to be somewhere in the range of " big ENOUGH and Don't Miss!". Scientifically speaking.....

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
I would put him in the 130s AJ. Takes a really big 8 to hit 140s. Honestly, I would bet he's a 3.5. I put a camera out there last year from Sept until i came back in October. I originally had no fear of anyone finding it, and still don't really. There are easily places in there where you don't have to worry one bit. If I still lived out there, I'd take a scouting trip in Sept and put a cam out again. I still may…