Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Therma Cell Heated insoles

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Has anyone tried these?
eblast_2013_11_12_header_content_1.jpg

http://www.thermacell.com/heated-in...les+logo&utm_campaign=free+shipping+sale+2013

Griz

NH
I had them last wk. Made by boot fit a little tight. The soles are thicker than your normal insoles. Works good with a remote. Expensive, but when needed, worth every penny.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My wife bought me a pair for Christmas last year. Biggest piece of junk I've ever tried. If you'd like to try them, I'll send 'em to you for 1/2 whatever they sell for. How is that for being a good salesman? :)

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
My wife bought me a pair for Christmas last year. Biggest piece of junk I've ever tried. If you'd like to try them, I'll send 'em to you for 1/2 whatever they sell for. How is that for being a good salesman? :)

Wow. That would be a bummer. Christmas morning... Ripping open the wrappings and realizing what they were... and thinking " Wow! Now I can stay out there Forever! Bhaaahaaaa!" ... then get a bummer pair.
That would kinda suck.
Sorry man.

Did you try and return them or deal with therma cell ?

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Actually, I dropped the ball there. I tried them once or twice, got cold feet. She was so excited to have gotten me something she thought I'd really like that I didn't have the heart to tell her they are junk. I may try them again. Who knows, maybe I did something wrong. It seemed pretty simple, though. Charge them up, use the remote to turn 'em on. I was not impressed, and at 100 bucks, I should have been.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
My buddy has a pair and swears by them. He bought new boots a size bigger to use with them and says his feet are toasty as hell all the time...

Kevin T

I found that you have to take out the original insoles out of your boots and use this product it helps out a lot. They really help my toes from getting super cold. I wear steel toed boots and they tend to generate the outside temperatures so when its cold the steel stays cold but these warmers helped out a bunch. Its a pain the take the insoles out and recharge them but the comfort is all the same. If they made this into a sock that could heat more than the toes that would be fantastic.

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
I hate to say it, but I bought them for my brother who is a puss with cold feet and I tell you what.. They are junk. $130 for thing that once you buy them you cant return them unless they are defective and you get replacements not a refund. read about it.. sucks... buy good leather boots or Sorel boots with 14mm liners and use sock liners and heavy weight alpaca socks and your good to zero all day.. get a chill drop a small hand warmer pack down the side. Ive found that rubber is a no go if you want youur feet to stay warm. JMTC..

Bowlowe

Bought a pair Thursday at Cabelas, wore them Saturday morning and felt no difference feet still got cold. Returned them today with no problems from Cabelas

twireman

Kingston, OH
I used a pair of ice breaker boot covers Sat morning. My rubber boots are 800 gram. I had one pair of wool socks on. Once i got to the blind i slipped the covers on. Sat 4.5 hours and all was good. Without them I would have been froze in 2 hours. I was impressed.ncheaper than the insoles by a longshot.

Last edited: